Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
eff you very much, punk, I've got witnesses to several of the occasions. there were a couple more, actually, but one i just fired over some thieve's heads, 1969, who were 100m away and running. One was in high school, same year, cause a punk like you tried to take my buddy's switch blade. I showed him the muzzle of an Iver Johnson 22 revolver and got it back. Gillespie, Ill. somebody snitched and the principle, Ernie Biorgina, searched my locker, but I'd stashed it and my throwing knife in a ball closet in the girls' locker room, between the ceiling and the roof. I was scared to try to get them during school hours, so 3 nights later, I broke a window in the E side of the gym, up at the top of the bleachers, after climbing up a pipe to the roof of the entranceway. Ran in and got them. Took the time to throw the glass outside, and it was never reported as a burglary. You could run around the top of the bleachers, and it had broken out in a perfect half moon about 7" long, 4" high, when I hit it with the butt of the screwdriver.
Please go cloud up another thread with your bull****.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
eff you very much, punk, I've got witnesses to several of the occasions. there were a couple more, actually, but one i just fired over some thieve's heads, 1969, who were 100m away and running. One was in high school, same year, cause a punk like you tried to take my buddy's switch blade. I showed him the muzzle of an Iver Johnson 22 revolver and got it back. Gillespie, Ill. somebody snitched and the principle, Ernie Biorgina, searched my locker, but I'd stashed it and my throwing knife in a ball closet in the girls' locker room, between the ceiling and the roof. I was scared to try to get them during school hours, so 3 nights later, I broke a window in the E side of the gym, up at the top of the bleachers, after climbing up a pipe to the roof of the entranceway. Ran in and got them. Took the time to throw the glass outside, and it was never reported as a burglary. You could run around the top of the bleachers, and it had broken out in a perfect half moon about 7" long, 4" high, when I hit it with the butt of the screwdriver.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

boy your daddy is going to whup yer butt raw when he finds you been playing on his laptop

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I saw a S&W pistol on line at the Sportsman's warehouse. I'm going to drop by on my way to get hay this morning and take a look at it. 6" 22 mag. I like 22 mag and it will make a good companion to my 22 mag rifles.

·
Banned
164 Posts
For what it is this is pretty spot on

This is an algorithm of sorts and assumes a shooter has no idea what they want. You work down the algorithm and stop at the first one that is true - it's really a quite brilliant set of rules.

1. Shooter has diminished hand / grip strength and is recoil averse
SW Shield EZ 380 - no thumb safety

2. Shooter has diminished hand / grip strength but can tolerate 9 mm recoil
SW Shield EZ 9 mm - no thumb safety

3. Shooter can afford a Glock 19 and has hands that can properly grip Glock 19
Glock 19

4. Shooter can afford a Glock 19 but has hands that can NOT properly grip Glock 19
Glock 48

5. Shooter can't afford Glock 19 but can afford SW Shield
SW Shield - no thumb safety

6. Shooter can't afford SW Shield
Taurus G3 or G2S

7. Shooter can't afford as Taurus - they have more pressing issues in their life than buying a firearm

Before you all get the vapors think about it a minute and admit I'm right. A shooter with no
idea about firearms will not know something may 'fit them' better than one of the firearms
listed so will not worry about it an will be able to shoot it just fine if they train with
it once in a while, which most will not.

The Shield EZ is without a doubt the firearm for those with reduced grip and hand strenght.

If someone can afford a Glock as get enough experience to decide something might be 'better' for
then, very unlikely but possible. They can get darn near all their money back from a Glock.

The shield at $350 or even $300 is an amazing thing.

The new Tarus are night and day better than some of the past offerings, seems somebody read a book
on quality control.

Sad fact of things is if a person can't afford a Taurus they have other things in their life
that are more pressing than buying a firearm.

Thank me

·
Curmudgeon
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yes, with the exception that semi-automatic handguns are not for everybody.

·
Banned
164 Posts
or you suggesting derringers for beginners? Clearly the modern semi-automatic pistol is far superior to a revolver. Have you ever seen and older lady trying to use two fingers to pull the long da trigger on a revolver because that's what her husband or the brain stem behind the gun counter told her she needs? Have you ever seen a half blind, older gentleman with carpel tunnel trying to thread rounds into the cylinder?

Revolvers are fine for the moderately experienced, and they cool toys for the gun hobbyist - able to fire both massively powerful and wimpy target rounds but for the beginner they're far inferior to a modern semi-automatic

Yes, with the exception that semi-automatic handguns are not for everybody.

·
Curmudgeon
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yes, I actually train older folks in using handguns. Once the hand strength and coordination start to suffer, small things like loading magazines and racking slides become impossible tasks. Its easy to run and gun when you're young, not so much 60+.

No, not only would I not suggest a derringer for a beginner, I wouldn't suggest one for anyone. A compact 5 shot revolver, regardless of caliber, is far superior to any derringer made for personal self defense.

I disagree with your assessment of revolvers and over enthusiasm for semi-automatics. They are both tools. The best one for beginners is the one they can use safely, without risk to themselves or others. Training is the key.

If you took the time to read the OP, you'd notice that no recommendation as to type, size, caliber or color was made. Each person is different, and has different needs to be met. No blanket statements were made.

If you feel the need to preach from the pulpit of superiority about semi automatic handguns, feel free to either start your own thread or join one of the others. I doubt you'll make any converts here.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts