Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Way cool. Thanks Dave.

Al

·
Registered
791 Posts
Awesome bunch of pics.

No way to sound humble but, I found them all. (yes, it's pathetic that I'm proud enough to mention it)

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,603 Posts
Great Photos. Can't top mother nature when it comes to camo. Movement is the biggest giveaway visually. Sound is a whole other ball game. Not only hearing the animal you're looking for, but listening to the other animals. Some of them are tattle tales either by vocalizing or being unusually silent. I envy their sense of smell. My nose occasionally tells me a bear is around before I see or hear it, but the human sense of smell is pretty dull compared to most animals. I do think there is some kind of natural "6th sense" when it comes to the presence of predators. I get a certain feeling and the hair on my arm raises when big cats are around long before I catch any sign of them.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Great Photos. Can't top mother nature when it comes to camo. Movement is the biggest giveaway visually. Sound is a whole other ball game. Not only hearing the animal you're looking for, but listening to the other animals. Some of them are tattle tales either by vocalizing or being unusually silent. I envy their sense of smell. My nose occasionally tells me a bear is around before I see or hear it, but the human sense of smell is pretty dull compared to most animals. I do think there is some kind of natural "6th sense" when it comes to the presence of predators. I get a certain feeling and the hair on my arm raises when big cats are around long before I catch any sign of them.
funny you mention the 6th sense , i once read a story on a veterans blog about a study the military supposedly did , on native American trackers , that went something along the lines of , your hair working as an additional sense to alert you to things

1 - 12 of 12 Posts