Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Guy Who Does That Thing
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In times of crisis, do you really believe the govt would be able to fix anything or help anyone properly and in a timely manner? Meteor strike? Reactor meltdown in a densely populated area? Dirty bomb? Suitcase nuke? Massive earthquake? Massive solar storm? ANY absolutely major disaster??

Just look at the current BP spill and you will find your answer. :sleep:

That is why we prep. :cool:

·
High-Strung
840 Posts
Some people just get lucky with the government. I don't know how long unemployment checks usually last, but my step brother has been without work for a year and has been getting unemployment checks that whole time. I think the government is going to extend the checks for 6 more months.

My step brother is unlucky that he is unemployed, but very lucky to get all the extensions.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Big government reacts, it doesn't prevent. That is why I prep. AFTER the crisis is too late to depend on government. IF they help me at all, and I'm not expecting it, they will most likely arrive too late as we have see all-to-many times in the past 30 years.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
NOPE!

Look at Katrina & New Orleans. Too little too late.

Then there were all the FEMA trailers that were unlivable because of toxic chemicals. Someone got rich off of that government money.

And the management of the relief efforts once they got underway was so disorganized. People lost their pets, guns, & anything else that was salvageable. People lost everything!

I think the government will mess up the next disaster. Hmmm... there's one now - THE OIL LEAK IN THE GULF OF MEXICO! The latest I hear is that it might not get stopped until August and then it still might not get fixed.

Oh well, there goes Bubba Gump's Shrimp.

:upsidedown:

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,837 Posts
In times of crisis, do you really believe the govt would be able to fix anything or help anyone properly and in a timely manner? Meteor strike? Reactor meltdown in a densely populated area? Dirty bomb? Suitcase nuke? Massive earthquake? Massive solar storm? ANY absolutely major disaster??

Just look at the current BP spill and you will find your answer. :sleep:

That is why we prep. :cool:
The government doesnt want to fix the BP problem. they are getting a lot of milage out of it. Its exactly what the greeenies were hoping for so that they can implement "change" and the people will go along with it even though its against thier best interests.

·
Afraid for my country
209 Posts
It seems the government answer is always to throw money at a problem. Some benefit, mostly it goes to well placed friends and companies. After a while, a new crisis occurs and the previous one is forgotten. This gives the government another chance to show how they care by throwing more money at another problem. Point of view depends on if you get the handout or not. In 53 years I have been on the wrong side of the government teat, I don't expect things to change anytime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.