Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im just wondering here. I live in north fl right outside jax. Not really alot of options here as im close to a naval port. So my question here is if i had no solid plan or not one good enough to execute fast enough should i try to ask for help thu evact at the nearest naval port,jax naval port to be exact? Would they even help me and my family? Would that be a ok choice? I figure only will have the time to make 1 choice and fast. Whats more is will the goverment notify us if one is incomming? And if we happen to survive somehow would there be possible evact helping people? I also thought 24hrs lowers my chances of radiation poisoning by 80%? So so i read somewhere.

Btw you all noticed on the news this week those missle cruisers from russia and china were lurking around close to Alaska waters? Red flags much?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Considering that it will take only 30 minutes for a missile to travel from Russia to the US, I don't think it matters much. Either move way out in the country now , or just put your head between your legs and.....
So it takes me 15mins to get to the port. So i picture if it happens fast enough,id be on a one way chopper out of there if the naval port is included in evact procedures which is why i asked.

· Registered
512 Posts
should i try to ask for help thu evact at the nearest naval port,jax naval port to be exact? Would they even gelp me and my family?
In the event of any national security emergency situation military bases would be locked down tight. Civilians other than essential base personnel (sans familia) would most definitely be turned away, by force if necessary.

will the goverment notify us if one is incomming?
No

Considering that it will take only 30 minutes for a missile to travel from Russia to the US, I don't think it matters much. Either move way out in the country now , or just put your head between your legs and.....
With your proximity to NAVBase Jax you will be fortunate if you even have time to gather your family, hold them tight and tell them they are loved one last time. Not trying to be morbid but its the reality of living within a nuclear strike zone (as I do as well).

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isnt 30 mins from international waters and not russia? Or is that more like 5 mins from international waters?

· Registered
4,000 Posts
So it takes me 15mins to get to the port. So i picture if it happens fast enough,id be on a one way chopper out of there if the naval port is included in evact procedures which is why i asked.
No .gov agency is going to help you. Im sorry to be blunt but they just wont.. Its on you

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah, after like what? Late 60s... with minutemen ICBMs the whole idea of evac to a secure location kinda went out the window.
Launching from subs, maybe even hypersonic... pfft... we won't know until we see the flash, or the lights go out.
If we are in the right spot, we survive initially at least.
Then comes the nasty stuff...

· reluctant sinner
22,691 Posts
I doubt they tell anyone outside the loop bad news in coming from the sky. Plus I think there are devices here already both foreign and domestic such as the cia in which case the flash will be the notification.

Help from the gubernment - not likely, more than likely they will be confiscating stuff, you know for the public good

· Nunquam Non Paratus
1,621 Posts
"So it takes me 15mins to get to the port. So i picture if it happens fast enough,id be on a one way chopper out of there if the naval port is included in evact procedures which is why i asked."

Think about how many people would be trying to mob an evac like that. The base would be locked down and you would not be let in.

A few have said the same, but do not expect the government to evacuate you. No one is coming to save you.

· Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
15,743 Posts
So im just wondering here. I live in north fl right outside jax. Not really alot of options here as im close to a naval port. So my question here is if i had no solid plan or not one good enough to execute fast enough should i try to ask for help thu evact at the nearest naval port,jax naval port to be exact? Would they even help me and my family? Would that be a ok choice? I figure only will have the time to make 1 choice and fast. Whats more is will the goverment notify us if one is incomming? And if we happen to survive somehow would there be possible evact helping people? I also thought 24hrs lowers my chances of radiation poisoning by 80%? So so i read somewhere.

Btw you all noticed on the news this week those missle cruisers from russia and china were lurking around close to Alaska waters? Red flags much?
the nine most dangerous words in the English Language "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help." Ronald Reagan.

· "TURGID FLUX"
7,922 Posts
No .gov agency is going to help you. Im sorry to be blunt but they just wont.. Its on you
You mean all that taxpayer money siphoned from the Social Security trust fund to build yet more missile silos, radar and submarines isn't going to save us? Geez, I feel ripped off.

· Administrator
Psalm 34:4 & 56:11 Matthew 22: 37-39
24,846 Posts
Unless you are in the navy I seriously doubt your getting on any naval base while they are in the process of going to war, which if Russia fires an ICBM or SLBM at any part of the USA is exactly what all of our armed forces will be doing... going to war, not evacuating.

I lived by an Air Force base the was/is a main B52 base growing up. Our schools didn’t teach us to hide under our desks or try to get out of town, they just explained we would be dead in 30 minutes if nuclear war broke out.

· Registered
4,000 Posts
You mean all that taxpayer money siphoned from the Social Security trust fund to build yet more missile silos, radar and submarines isn't going to save us? Geez, I feel ripped off.
Has RUssia launched a nuke?????? Then there ya go... Your return on investment

1 - 20 of 100 Posts