Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Dow at 9000 by Friday. You heard it here first.

Pffffffft! Who knows? I called for a 200 point drop on this last friday and it did go that far but climbed back uo to close at +60.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'd be worried if the Asian markets do poorly when they open at 8pm tomorrow. It will be a sneak preview for Monday.

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
We are all guessing here, right? My guess is that the S&P's desision to downgrade has been well known for those in-the-know way before they dropped the bomb on the national television. If so, then most of the damage has already been done due to the downgrade.

Further more, I am guessing that it won't have any difference on the interest rates because even though our house even though is in a pretty bad shape, it's still the best looking house in the getto(global economy). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the interest rates would go down.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not much, the other shoe hasn't dropped yet. Wait until they are a complete failure at cutting the other 1T that they're supposed to cut in a few months as part of the deal they just made.

When they fail at that I'm betting AA+ will go to AA. At some point after that you'll really begin to hear the calls for a different fiat currency. THAT change will be the tipping point IMO.

This is just the rumble strips that are supposed to wake us up before we plow full steam into a bridge footing.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Wait till it opens tomorrow, then we'll see.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It will be down at the open no matter what due to panic selling, around 11 we will start to see what direction it's really going to go. If it continues to go down it could hit the breakers.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
That astronomical gold jump today was the telling factor. That says you won't be seeing any major rebound in the stock markets any time soon. Asia and Europe will probably crash tonight because of it. There's already talk of Japan closing the Nikkei or trying to prop it up again if it falls too much tonight....that's not a good sign to say the least.

Peace and long life.

rich

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
As of 9:07PST

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937/

DOW futures are down -261

TITANS 118.80 -5.16 -4.16%

HSI 19352.07 -1138.50 -5.56%

NIKKEI 8772.74 -324.82 -3.57%

STI 2884.00 -110.78 -3.7%

CHINA 2498.94 -27.88 -1.1%

at one point the HSI was down 1340

Reactions: JeanneLynn

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder what the timeframe is on things getting really bad here, economy-wise. I wonder if we have weeks or months.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts