Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so I'm just looking for some clarification. All the peppers/survivalists/homesteaders/realistically intelligent people I've ever met generally arent into freedom of speech censorship or cancle culture. I'm a little bit ashamed to even say those 2 phrases, at all, especially on a survivalist discussion forum. I created my first post yesterday because I came across an article about a "water freedom system" and I was looking to get some opinions and possibly some feedback from anyone who might have used that particular system. Otherwise hear about what other people are using simply because it's a real concern of mine given that I don't live near and accessible source of water at this point in time. Where else would someone go to get valuable insight into a survivalist topic??? I posted a link to the article for anyone who was curious, but the mod deleted just the link instantly. Which left some scratching there heads wondering where the phantom link was that was to be the sole purpose. Beyond that odd stroke of freedom slashing censorship, people commented things like "never click a link from a new guy" lmao like the link was going to take everyone straight to hell or like it was a vaccine booby trap just waiting to clicked. So with that I will not link anything else for the mods to make me look like a 90year old who just discovered the internet by accident. Clarification would be nice so I don't loose another night of sleep. Poll!

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
Being as you're new, lets get some things straight.
The 1st Amendment limits the government from censoring your speech. This is a private Forum and you are a guest.

Your original thread was edited to remove the link because a first time poster who posts a link in his/her very first thread is 99 times out of 100 a spammer.

There are rules on this Forum. I suggest you read them. If you have any more questions, I advise you to PM the Mod directly you wish to question. Questioning a Mod on the open Forum is not an advisable action.

·
Super Duper Moderator. I'm helping!
9,215 Posts
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Welcome to SB, sir ... And I was the moderator who "censored" your post. Next time maybe you should actually post an active link so you don't look like a 90 year old who accidentally discovered the internet. 😂😂😂 (Good one!! I actually lol'd at that one!!)

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
4,696 Posts
Well... since this is the new member intro section... why dont you introduce yourself.
And then go check out this section:

And just for future reference, if you do have a question regarding the site or the rules thereof, either PM any of the mods or post in the following section:

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
So a comment was censored on the internet? ... oh the humanity.
Its a good thing you made a thread about it on your second post, you are quick.
Unfortunately the policy of the platform trumps our freedom of speech, sometimes.
Once again, Freedom of Speech (or the First Amendment ) only applies to the Government restricting your ability to say whatever you will.

This is a Private Forum. Members here are guests. While we usually do not censor what is posted by the Members, sometimes it is necessary.

If you or any other Member feels your Post was censored unfairly, contact any one on the Mod team via PM and ask them what went on.

There are a few things that will receive an immediate edit and possibly a SPAM ban. First posts with links to other web sites are one.

And, just so it's said again, the purpose of this Forum is Survival and Preparedness. Unless a post violates copyrights, I highly doubt that many get edited or deleted.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So a comment was censored on the internet? ... oh the humanity.
Its a good thing you made a thread about it on your second post, you are quick.
Unfortunately the policy of the platform trumps our freedom of speech, sometimes.
It is not that it trumps freedom of speech.
It is more complex than that.
This come more under freedom of association.
Freedom of association encompasses both an individual's right to join or leave groups voluntarily, the right of the group to take collective action to pursue the interests of its members, and the right of an association to accept or decline membership based on certain criteria.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm new here so I'm just looking for some clarification. All the peppers/survivalists/homesteaders/realistically intelligent people I've ever met generally arent into freedom of speech censorship or cancle culture. I'm a little bit ashamed to even say those 2 phrases, at all, especially on a survivalist discussion forum. I created my first post yesterday because I came across an article about a "water freedom system" and I was looking to get some opinions and possibly some feedback from anyone who might have used that particular system. Otherwise hear about what other people are using simply because it's a real concern of mine given that I don't live near and accessible source of water at this point in time. Where else would someone go to get valuable insight into a survivalist topic??? I posted a link to the article for anyone who was curious, but the mod deleted just the link instantly. Which left some scratching there heads wondering where the phantom link was that was to be the sole purpose. Beyond that odd stroke of freedom slashing censorship, people commented things like "never click a link from a new guy" lmao like the link was going to take everyone straight to hell or like it was a vaccine booby trap just waiting to clicked. So with that I will not link anything else for the mods to make me look like a 90year old who just discovered the internet by accident. Clarification would be nice so I don't loose another night of sleep. Poll!
Losing sleep over things said on the computer is a bit of an issue. A large part of survivalism is mindset (discipline, willpower, fortitude).

Nasty things happen out there, friend. Best to let small things roll off your back. Helps you brace yourself for something big, like breaking your ankle totally alone in the middle of no where.

jmo

·
Registered
373 Posts
Losing sleep over things said on the computer is a bit of an issue. A large part of survivalism is mindset (discipline, willpower, fortitude).

Nasty things happen out there, friend. Best to let small things roll off your back. Helps you brace yourself for something big, like breaking your ankle totally alone in the middle of no where.

jmo
Things said on the net can be bot generated also. I know someone who worked on a Bot to get a reaction in comments.
It could even reply back to a comment on a comment it made.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Things said on the net can be bot generated also. I know someone who worked on a Bot to get a reaction in comments.
It could even reply back to a comment on a comment it made.
That is a weird and interesting factoid. Thank you for that. I've learned to spot those bots. I f. u. s p e a k. 2. a. b o t. u s i n g. m a n g l e s p e a k. i t. m a l f u n c t i o n s

I've spent a lot of time playing with wumao and learning how to defeat their tools. They seem formidable, but their gear is Chinese. It fails easily.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,755 Posts
Hiya! Welcome to the forums :)

The mods work hard at keeping the site from devolving, and do a pretty good job of it.

They're not perfect; mistakes get made. Not often, though, and they've been great at discussing and resolving such events in private.

Hoping you'll push through the rough start and we'll see you in other discussions :) this place has a lot to offer!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got a warning the first day I signed up!! If I remember right, I think you had to have 5 posts to "Like" a post or something like that. Anyway, I posted on the first five threads I saw and one of them happened to be the in the "Ladies Only Section" and MikeK nailed me. Don't get mad, the mods are just doing their jobs, which most days probably seems like a lot like herding cats. Welcome aboard!!

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
I got a warning the first day I signed up!! If I remember right, I think you had to have 5 posts to "Like" a post or something like that. Anyway, I posted on the first five threads I saw and one of them happened to be the in the "Ladies Only Section" and MikeK nailed me. Don't get mad, the mods are just doing their jobs, which most days probably seems like a lot like herding cats. Welcome aboard!!
I wonder how many of us got nailed on the Ladies Only section. LOL I did it by accident and didn't even know there was such a thing.

·
Bugged out already
4,583 Posts
I wonder how many of us got nailed on the Ladies Only section. LOL I did it by accident and didn't even know there was such a thing.
It wasn't the ladies section that got me. Rule number 17 got me my first spanking on this forum. Live and learn. Its an essential and necessary fact of life.

Hopefully I can mention the fact that rule 17 exists. :) If you don't see me around for awhile, you will know the answer!

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
4,696 Posts
And with that you are out of here... j/k

Actually and unfortunately rule 17 exists because it is one of the most emotional AND controversial subjects this board has ever dealt with.
Matter of fact it even beats out the vax/anti vax, religion and politics threads for most problematic topic.
Perfectly reasonable and rational people cannot seem to control their mouths when this topic comes up and it ALWAYS resorts to bashing and bickering which in turn ruins the thread and makes others mad...basically a vicious cycle is created.
We would end up having to ban everyone involved and it would be last mod standing around here.
Which is why it is just easier to prohibit that specific topic here and we all get to tap dance around the subject.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts