9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Lawmakers Debate Location of Power Grid

Monday, February 23, 2009 2:53 PM

Article Font Size

WASHINGTON – Democratic congressional leaders and the Obama administration indicated Monday that they will push for greater federal authority to locate electric transmission lines, saying a national power grid stands in the way of developing alternative energy sources.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he will soon introduce legislation that includes giving federal regulators authority to override states on electric grid placement decisions as part of a package of energy proposals the Senate is expected to take up in the coming weeks.

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/power_grid_lawmakers/2009/02/23/184669.html

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leif, why would you hijack my thread and illegally (copyright infringement) post the entire article that I just posted a link to?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The subversion of property rights is a direct attack on Americans source of wealth. Federalize this, federalize that, pretty soon we'll all be living in government housing using government energy. Its time for the States to say "screw you" and grow a pair.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Leif, why would you hijack my thread and illegally (copyright infringement) post the entire article that I just posted a link to?
Not an infringe the link is present. Not to mention we have many dial up users, so when ever possible post the entire article and provide the link to original. Helps out those still running old connections.

Not to mention the article is allowing email forwarding directly on the page as well.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not an infringe the link is present. Not to mention we have many dial up users, so when ever possible post the entire article and provide the link to original. Helps out those still running old connections.

Not to mention the article is allowing email forwarding directly on the page as well.

Poor logic. And we can't break the law for the poor dial-up Internet user here.

Again, illegal and against the forum TOS. I'll let the administrators here take care of this.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the forum rules:

Kev's words:

1. If you copy something off of a website, post it here and do not give credit to the source.

and / or

Source was provided...
This copyright issue has ben discussed extensively and resolved by this forum's owner. Note his comment NOT to post copyrighted material here. Case closed sir.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=30353

Now, let's return to the usual pithy comments from the membership about the proposed rebuilt "national power grid" being an infringement on state's rights.

·
OBAMA Sucks Smokin Weed
297 Posts
I haven't ever seen anything in the rules that you are ONLY allowed to post links and not text of the link you posted.

I don't see why you guys are agruing over the message you seem to be saying the same point.

You know they say the Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win you're still RETARDED!!

That will probably **** someone off. opps.

Great topic let's get focused.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
I haven't ever seen anything in the rules that you are ONLY allowed to post links and not text of the link you posted.

I don't see why you guys are agruing over the message you seem to be saying the same point.

You know they say the Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win you're still RETARDED!!

That will probably **** someone off. opps.

Great topic let's get focused.
The Feds thinking they can overstep their bounds again. They really are trying to divide the nation with all this crap.

.... and this picture provided for the above mentioned argument.:D:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wow, "improve" the power grid but resist the creation of the power supply at every turn!
Congress hard at work as usual.

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
Eminent domain, baby!

I remember the NWO types making a big fuss about the NAFTA superhighway slicing through Texas- not sure about the NWO stuff, but for that project the gov would need to do the Eminent domain dance all the way up the country.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Darn dial up users. I can't believe President Obama wants to expand broad band internet coverage.:upsidedown:

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
States rights died in 1865.
Not if you are a southern patriot with ancestry going back in the south many generations. :) It is still VERY much alive down here.

·
Thread Killer
781 Posts
This copyright issue has ben discussed extensively and resolved by this forum's owner. Note his comment NOT to post copyrighted material here. Case closed sir.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=30353

Now, let's return to the usual pithy comments from the membership about the proposed rebuilt "national power grid" being an infringement on state's rights.
From the thread you linked.

1. If you copy something off of a website, post it here and do not give credit to the source. <snip>
I dont care "how" you link to an article. Post a snipet of the article and a link, that is all I ask.

But lets not copy an entire webpage, and lets be sure to cite our sources.
All that we need is the first paragraph or two quoted, and then a link to the source.
Seems pretty obvious to me what Kev's stance is on this. Leif followed the rules. Although I agree with your OP, quit being a jackass and go ride your horse somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts