Survivalist Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Work this morning. Got 50 activity points.

Came home, took a nap. Took a walk to the gas station and got a diet soda, came back. It rained but I didn't mind.

107 move minutes
38 cardio points
9K steps

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Another horrible night, but it's kettlebell day.

So I got up, 10 minutes on the bike while arguing with my husband. Got off the bike, out in the garage.

Side lunge: 10 each side with 15#
Get ups (I did all on one side, then the other, instead of my usual alternate): 5 each side, 5#. I may go up to 10 pounds next time.
Squat: 10 x 15 (warmup), 6 x 30, 7 x 30, 6 x 30
Windmill: 10 reps each side, with 5 pounds.
Swings: 20 x 15 (warmup), 20 x 30 three times.

22 minutes.
Then 6:30 of stretching after.

He had been drinking and fell on the floor. By the time I finished my shower he was less belligerent, and polite enough to ask for help getting into bed. I got him up there pretty quick and got him settled.

Reactions: 44 Flattop

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Actually slept OK. Hubby gave me the day off. I had planned not to work out.

Ran errands on the bus:
78 Move minutes (goal is 75)
34 cardio points (goal is 40)
Walked 2.75 miles
7K steps!

Pretty busy for a day off!

Over half of my journey involved carrying drinks (multiples, in a tote bag) and at one point a 7 pound sack of specialty cat food on my back.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Some vicious migraines precluded working out - and tomorrow I have to get up very early and will be running all day. It did not take a great intellect to see I won't be able to do it tomorrow.

I worked in the morning, came home, nap, then working out in the garage (hot!).

10 minutes on the bike.

Side lunge 10 each side with 20 pounds.

Get up - 5 each side, 5 pounds

Squat: 10 x15, 7 x 30, 7 x30, 6 x 30

Windmill: 10 each side 5#

Swings: 20 at 15, 25 x 30, 25 x30, 20 x 30

24 minutes on Kettle bells.

Then just exactly 7 minutes of stretching.

Now I don't need to worry about tomorrow.

Reactions: Belnik

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I have had a lot of severe headaches the last couple weeks.

Another horrible night - he was in a lot of pain literally screaming all night keeping me up. He slept great today, after I already got up.

Took a little doing but I got to it.

Bike 10 minutes

Side Lunge, 10 each side, 20#. I can go heavier on that.

Get up: 5 each side, 5#.

Squat: 10 x 15, 5 x 30, 6 x 30, 8 x 30 Might try the 35# next time.

Windmill: 10 reps each side with a 5#

Swings: 20 x 15, knee started yelling and no foot placement was helping it. So I skipped it rather than do lasting damage. It is fine now so a good call.

22 minutes

Stretching 8:40 afterward

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Depression! Chaos in my personal life...

Got my workout today, had to get up early for it.

Bike 10 minutes (warmup)

Side lunge 10 each side 20# (can go up on that)

Decided to make life interesting for the rest of the workout: 10 pounds on the getup, 5 each side. Definitely more challenging.

Squat: 10 x 15 warmup, 6 x 30 (happy I didn't see a loss there since I only worked out once this week), 5 x 30, 6 x 30 Happy with that.

Windmill - used 10 pounds - 6 each side.

Swings 20 x 15, 20 x 30 (not as difficult so I got my 35# which I have saved for a day like today), 20 x 35 (more work but reachable), 20 x 35 Now I need to buy a 40# for when I step up from this.

22 minutes.

About 7 minutes of stretching, after. My quads are getting looser which I think is good.

Then a trip to the laundry room and a shower!

Reactions: 44 Flattop

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I've been battling a depression (I go up, I go down :rolleyes:).

I went to work this morning, did my thing, took him to the doctor. 77 Activity points by the time I got home. A short nap. I got up and decided to take a walk.

It was over half an hour, tracker said 35 minutes, BUT I stopped to talk to a cat lady neighbor.

What I have from my tracker says 1.8 miles, 117 activity points total, 31 cardio points, about 19 minutes a mile - can't walk fast in this heat, heat index over 100. But I took a powerade and had a couple of salt tablets and was fine.

Mood is a lot better after the walk and I didn't try to kill myself at it. I just went, didn't "go hard" due to tired, heat, etc... still had a good workout.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts