Survivalist Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Difficult morning on a couple of levels, but I have a personal blog for that.

1. Not enough sleep
2. Had to help him physically including getting him off the floor, my knee did not like that.

Did it anyway! But modified to only 2 sets instead of 3.

10 minutes on the bike

Get ups - 5 each (using 5 # for that)

Squat: 10 at bodyweight, 10 at 5 pounds. Knee was a little iffy so I went down on my weight. 8 at 15, 8 at 15

Swing: 20 x 5, used the 15 since I had it out already, good call. Any more my knee would have yelled. 20 x 15, 20 x 15

Had some time and did Windmills, 10 each side holding 5 pounds. Did NOT work the knee which is what I wanted.

16 minutes total. Hit my goal for cardio this week, whatever I do tomorrow will be a bonus.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Well, I did 2 things today.

1. Walked up to bus stop and took 2 buses to Walmart, a fair amount of walking.
2. Got home, took a break, and then did a half hour walk.
Feet felt great.

Week totals:
Move minutes: 482 (not bad considering I had a migraine)
Heart points (cardio): 193 minutes (beating my goal by 43 minutes)

Today a little under 7K steps.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow, probably bike and then Kettlebells on Monday.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Today is our big supply run, I got up early and did 40 minutes on the bike.

Measured for the first time in a few weeks, down 1.5 inches and 8 pounds since I started this. I'll take it, and I don't feel deprived.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I had to retire one pair of summer pants, they got too baggy, so I am happy.

Todays final totals:
89 move minutes (out of 75)
43 cardio points
3,558 steps

Inventory run day is always good for some activity.

Plan is to get up early tomorrow and do kettlebells before work.

Reactions: 44 Flattop

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Yesterday just didn't work out, for a workout. I decided I will be doing Kettlebells Tuesday and Friday because those days almost always work for me. I can do cardio pretty much any day.

Had a pretty nasty headache this morning, took some Excedrin. I am pretty sensitive to caffeine and safe to say I had a lot of GO after that for my workout.

10 minutes on the bike to warm up, took off shoes and socks. Garage; kettlebells. It wasn't too bad out there heat and humidity wise.

I did 6 getups on each side, I have to save a little bit for getting off the floor after I am done. One day I will share a story of how I got stuck on the flat bench after chest presses.

Squat: 10 at bodyweight, 10 at 5 pounds for my warmup. 10 x 25 (better!), decided to get out the 30, did 6 at 30, and 5 at 30 on the next set. Very happy.

Windmills - work upper body and back instead of all legs like I have been doing. 7 on each side, careful with form because this is new for me. Done accurately, so happy. Used a 5 pound weight (a pink kettlebell)

Then to Swings, can't forget them. 20 x 5 to warmup, had the 30 out so I used that. 20 x 30 pounds, 3 sets. A good workout, got my heart going.

22 minutes.

I don't think I will need to get a 35 for a while, 30 is still plenty challenging. But Amazon delivers kettle bells so no problem, and competitive price, well made so I would just do that when I'm ready.

I just wish my 5# wasn't pink. When I get "butched up" I plan to do all this as a super set, one after the other, one set each, getups, squat, windmills, swing, then back to getups. Do that over a few times. Right now that would probably kill me. :rofl:

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
It's been a rough couple days, sleep deprivation, a lot of nasty headaches.

Today I finally got into the kratom samples I was sent (I give my husband kratom for pain) and got some "Red Elephant".

I had run errands with my husband, come home, taken a nap (sleep deprived last night) and woken up with a very nasty headache. No way could I even consider working out. So I took two capsules.

Half an hour later I was putting on my workout kit.

10 minutes on the exercise bike
Just a hair over 20 minutes on kettlebells. The garage was very hot so I did not put out 110% max effort today, I saved a little. Plus I did not know if the headache would come back or how the herb would affect my workout.

5 each Getups
Squat, 10 at bodyweight, 10 at 5 (warmup), three sets of 6 at 25
Windmill - 10 each side getting the hang of it
Swing: 20 x 5 (warmup), 3 sets 20 x 25.

I had some energy left (love that kratom) and did 7 minutes of stretching. All done. I feel good, normal, not odd at all, and absolutely no headache.

I need to get my own bottle of this stuff, I don't want to use his up.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Day off.

Slept in until 8, got up, half an hour on the bike.

Later on I did a fair amount of walking, running errands on the bus.

Tomorrow I plan to take a walk, after work. Tuesday will be kettle bells.

That's the plan.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Work, half hour walk after a nap. It was starting to rain on my way back.

"My" stray cat family came running out as I approached the house on foot and began hollering for dinner. Pretty cute. I have GOT to get that mother fixed.

Tomorrow is kettlebells in the morning.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
And it was kettlebells in the morning. Not first thing but before my shower.

15 minutes on the bike.
Getups, I had a radio out there and lost track. But plenty, I was pretty worn out when I did get up.

Squats, 10 at bodyweight, 10 at 5 pounds to warm up. I got ambitious and lugged out the 30#. I bought it so I would use it. 6 at 30, another 6 at 30, 7 at 30. I am "saving a little" for all but the last set. I heard going all out on every set is a good way to get injured/fatigued.

Windmill: 10 each side with a 5 pound bell. That thing gets a lot of mileage.

Swing. 10 at 5 to warm up. Still had that 30 out so... 20 at 30 (not so bad), 20 at 30 (more challenging), and then 20 at 20 pounds.

22 minutes. Then I did 7 minutes of stretching after. Now I'm done.

Edit to add, my grip got kind of slippery on the big weight today. I bought some chalk from Amazon. I also found that Prime Day means insane discounts on Kettle bells so I got a couple more.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Excruciating migraine today.

Had planned to do some cardio but not possible today.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Migraine yesterday, difficult morning today. Brought my stun gun and took a walk in our little park, did 2 loops of the jogging trail. A little over 2 miles, 44 minutes.

A loose pit bull running around so I was glad I had my stun gun. It thought I was trying to catch it so it ran off. Some other people there, too. But it was nice. Glad I am done with the workout already, it was very hot and humid.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Long day. Pretty sure my husband has some early dementia. Good news he is such a train wreck he cannot roam outside the home.

Had planned to get up early and hit that workout...that didn't happen. Work and then errands, got home at 4 PM. I hadn't taken my pills yet so I had to do a protein shake and then do that, give it some time to digest.

I did 10 minutes on the bike and then checked the mail. Came home, did kettlebells in the garage.

Now, for prime day I got a new, 5 pound kettlebell, a 35 pounder, and some chalk because my grip was getting a little slippery.

It was suffocatingly hot in the garage. I only did 3 getups on each side.

I read an interesting article on warmups, it said use 50% what you plan to lift, so I did that today. 10 reps at 15, 6 at 30, 5 at 30, 5 at 30. I focused on using good form. The 30 is plenty for now but nice to know I have the 35# for some fine morning.

Windmill (with new 5#), 10 each side. I will give it another week or two and then move up to a 10, go from there.

Swing: 20 at 15, 20 at 30 three times. The 30 is plenty to keep me busy!

Stretching: 7 minutes, seems to work well after kettlebell so I will keep doing that.

I used the chalk and it helped a lot with the heavier weights. I am glad I bought it.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Clocked over 7K steps in my heavy work boots doing our inventory supply run this morning. My feet were killing me.

I came home, took a nap, rested for a little bit, got my grocery delivery, and took a half hour walk. Feet are tired but OK. 11K steps total.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
30 minutes on the exercise bike this morning. Plan to walk over to the gas station later this afternoon.

Took that walk, 20 minutes each way. Got all my points for today.

I don't plan to do anything tomorrow (workout-wise). It will be pretty busy with work and taking him to the doctor.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
10 minutes on the bike
Get ups 3 each side. I may have to do them some other time (not first) because my performance on them has gone down.

Squats: 10 at 15, 6 at 30, three times.

Windmill: 10 each side with a 5 pound

Swings: 20 x 15 for warmup, 20 x 30 three times

21 minutes

Then I did 8 minutes of stretching. I have a pretty busy day but the workout is over with.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Got up very early and went to work. Came home, took a nap ("neighbors" didn't "let" me sleep last night).

Got up and took a 20 minute walk to the gas station, got a diet soda, sat there for a while, took another 20 minute walk home.

93 move minutes total (out of 75)
31 cardio points (out of 40, but still not bad for a day off working out)

That's just for the day.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Had a NASTY migraine yesterday which carried over into this morning = no workout.

Ran some errands, came home, took a nap (day off), woke up feeling better.

Bike, 10 minutes
I did something different this time, remember I mentioned I thought I might need some additional before I did the get-ups? I added side lunges.

Side lunges, 10 each side with 15 pounds
SIX getups each side, instead of my previous 3. I felt like I could have done another couple.

Squats: 10 at 15, 5 at 30, 5 at 30, 7 at 30. I used the chalk as it was VERY oppressively hot and humid in my garage. It worked, I didn't have any problems.

Windmill: 10 each side with the 5

Swings: 20 at 15, 20 at 30 three times.

22 minutes

Then 6:30 stretching after - I will never get it any other time but not hard to tack onto my kettlebells. All done.

I am supposed to take a salt tablet and hydration drink when I work out due to my condition. I took an additional salt tablet when I got back in the house. My shirt was soaked.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Work today, inventory run. Came home and took a nap, then a 32 minute walk. It was hot but I had the whole subdivision to myself.

THREE different houses were grilling steaks, though.

·
Possum Lover
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Another difficult night and morning. Externally difficult. All I will say.

Still got 20 minutes of intervals on the bike. I would have liked longer but I have to be ready for my grocery delivery and I would have frightened him (?) in my post workout state. So I got off at 20 minutes and got a good shower.

If life was easy then everyone could do it.

Reactions: Belnik
141 - 160 of 168 Posts