Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in a few days here. For those who dont know its also referred to as the lemonade diet.

http://themastercleanse.org/

Doing it totally organic and all. I just got my greens from my CSA today so it'll be easy easing myself into it. My first full day I think will be Sunday. Anyone who has done this before have any good advice? Unfortunately, I dont have access to local organic lemons but I can get them from my local health food store (they are most likely brought in from out west).

I'll post a day to day and keep a log throughout it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did your butt ever do to you?
haha its that bad huh? Well, if that's the cost of healthiness then so be it. Plus I'm a little curious to see what all comes out (not in a twisted gross sort of way). I've heard some pretty bad horror stories and I know that a year ago my diet was worse than most peoples. Will be quite interesting. Plus I'm about 5 lbs. over from my perfect optimal weight so this ought to seal the deal for me. After this I can start formally exercising.

Any more advice?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I did something similar some years ago. Great question.. What did your butt ever do you you? I'm not sold on cleanses, per-sae. I do believe in things like heavy metal cleanses etc.. But, general cleanses have never done anything for me that I noticed.

The human colon cleanses it's self. Heck, eat a box of fiber one bars in a day and you'll get cleansed. Nevertheless, if you need to do it, do it. As soon as you're done make sure to get the healthy bacteria back into your digestive tract. Yogurt is a good way to do that. Too much cleansing can be bad for you.

Just be careful and don't overdo it.

The best path, long term, is to eat healthy. You've heard it a million times. Less meat, more vegetables and fruit, whole grain breads, lots of water. Eat less salt, sugar, and highly processed foods and nothing cooked in plastic.

I had a friend, just a great guy. He developed cancer. He decided to go on a raw food diet to try and cure his cancer. I feel certain, as does his wife and kids, that it shortened his life. As soon as he started the raw food diet he got weak and died pretty soon after that. His doctor was very unimpressed with the results. The point is, moderation, balance, and harmonious living is way better than radical and often extreme lifestyle changes.

Good luck and post back your results.

·
Stop being on my side!
8,536 Posts
The Creator of the Universe designed a wonderful plan for cleaning the colon. It's called "making a poopoo" and it happens pretty much automatically if you get enough fiber and water.

·
Forewarned is Forearmed
949 Posts
I tried one of those cleanses over one year ago and I have never been the same. In a bad way. I regretted doing it. And I was King in the throne, no reason to mess with perfection. Not King anymore, Court Jester......... TMI...........

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I forgot about this thread sorry.

Yeah uhh, I drank the "lemonade" twice and said "no way am I drinking this for the next 10 days". That stuff was gross. I think I'm going to examine other detox options and maybe try another one in a few weeks. Thanks everyone!

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
I started a general exercise program almost a month ago and I'm still going strong. Here are my magic million dollar secrets:

Eating only healthy foods. (almost no overly processed meals)
* About 1/3 the serving size as before.
* Zero hard food after 7pm (bed time usually around 11-12am)
*Shrank my stomach after a week - can't handle too much food at one time :thumb:

Dropped like a bad habit, cold turkey:
1. Social smoking - zero cigs from now on.
2. Drinking - maybe 1% of what I used to drink
3. No fast food, junk food, candy, Starbucks :eek:

I hit the gym 4-5 times per/week and I'm building on the cardio and weight strength each time. Plan on starting the memberships free kick-boxing classes in a month or two.

Protein shakes twice a day.

Quality multivitamins with a few extra goodies mixed in.

*** I'm usually running really lean and low on calories all day long- and I can feel it.

It's really a total lifestyle change and I'm re-setting ALL of my daily habits and routines. I plan on the kick-boxing and then running in parks with a somewhat heavy pack. Maybe starting another martial-art next year. This all ties in to my new project of learning long-range rifle shooting and also learning sniper techniques.

Results:

I feel FANTASTIC and I'm dropping 3.2 pounds per/week - yes, I mean it.
(Disclaimer: I'm 33 and I've had two surgeries on the same knee so I'm going slow)

My point, I don;t think you need the really odd programs to get results, after a week, I really had nothing bad left in the body.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously, what kind of toxins are you concerned about? What's your daily diet like?
My diet has been mostly (but not completely) organic. I get leafy greens and various veggies from my CSA, I eat free range beef sometimes (1-2 a week), and while in the past I have eaten alot of dairy I have been trying the last few months to cut back as it has caused to have alot of acne on my face.

I do eat some "not so very healthy foods" like pizza from a local pizza place (mom and pop owned and has the best pizza I've ever eaten) sometimes. Very greasy and cheesy and unhealthy but it is to die for lol.

I do avoid fast food totally and only eat out sometimes (once or twice a month). These days 75% of my diet is leafy greens bunched together in a salad mix with some organic ranch dressing (Field Day is my favorite). Nothing else unless it is fitting for a salad and organic (other stuff I get from my csa like rainbow swiss chard, broccoli, carrots, ect).

Yes I know I eat really healthy but up until about 6 months ago I didn't in fact my diet was horrendous. I used to drink 2 2-liters of soda a day and eat fast food every other day. I really just want to try a Detox program just to see how it is for me. The 3 main detox's I want to do is a colon, liver, and heavy metal cleanse. I figure if I can do those 3 within a short period of time I can come to a good conclusion on whether they are worth it.

Natural living has done great things for my health and I think it has earned enough points with me for me to at least try this. I'll never know until I try :)

Oh, and I do take a high end multi-vitamin every day (Amazon.com: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Men's Multi-Vitamin Capsules, 120 Count: Health & Personal Care) too.

Sorry edit #2- I forgot I make superfood smoothies as well (not every morning though i'm trying to make my powder last longer). I use this: Amazon.com: Boku Super Food: Health & Personal Care

I mix that with raw almond milk and drink it down. I also sometimes put Acidophilus powder in there too: Amazon.com: NOW Foods 4x6 Acidophilus Powder, 3 Ounces: Health & Personal Care

·
Stop being on my side!
8,536 Posts
Hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm pretty skeptical about all these "cleanses", but you might learn something interesting. Who knows?

Have you tried just a plain water fast?

Somehow I have it in my head that you'd the kind of person who fasts now and then, but I'm not sure why....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm pretty skeptical about all these "cleanses", but you might learn something interesting. Who knows?

Have you tried just a plain water fast?

Somehow I have it in my head that you'd the kind of person who fasts now and then, but I'm not sure why....
Well the Lord calls us to fast sometimes but alas I have never tried. And something about plain water for a few days kinda scares me. Though I guess it COULD be good training for SHTF scenarios. I do really care about taste and when I find something I really like I tend to eat it quite a bit (that is how I used to eat fast food so much). Before I took up natural eating I was a very picky eater. Though a year and a half ago I quit smoking and ever since then food has tasted alot better :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started a general exercise program almost a month ago and I'm still going strong. Here are my magic million dollar secrets:

*Shrank my stomach after a week - can't handle too much food at one time :thumb:

I hit the gym 4-5 times per/week and I'm building on the cardio and weight strength each time. Plan on starting the memberships free kick-boxing classes in a month or two.

*** I'm usually running really lean and low on calories all day long- and I can feel it.

It's really a total lifestyle change and I'm re-setting ALL of my daily habits and routines. I plan on the kick-boxing and then running in parks with a somewhat heavy pack. Maybe starting another martial-art next year. This all ties in to my new project of learning long-range rifle shooting and also learning sniper techniques.

Results:

(Disclaimer: I'm 33 and I've had two surgeries on the same knee so I'm going slow)

My point, I don;t think you need the really odd programs to get results, after a week, I really had nothing bad left in the body.
Hmm, I'm not really doing this for weight loss as I am actually at my perfect, median weight for my age and height. Although I DO need to hit the gym more. I hope it all works out for you man :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tlz,

I have fasted for spiritual reasons several times over the years. I highly recommend it. It's a good way to focus your mind. I would recommend that if you decide to do this for spiritual, centering, reasons don't just set off willy nilly. Rather, plan a specific day you will start and a specific day and time that you will stop and stay to it. Have a plan for what you will do during that time in enhance the experience. That is, get away, alone, to pray, meditate, etc.. Don't have any TV, radio IPOD or anything there to distract you. Plan to deal with boredom by enduring it. Experience has shown that the human mind takes, on average, three days of silence and boredom before it starts really uncovering the deep and driving motivations, demons if you will.

If you want to know more about that process do some reading on vision questing. I would recommend following that same basic pattern. There is a really good book called "The Book of the Vision Quest". It will basically tell you how that process works.

You have implied that you want to fast for Christian reasons. That is the way I do it also. But, I recommend the above book because it really demonstrates how to get alone, fast, how much water to take and what to expect in the mental process. If you do it as a vision quest you will probably find that you will face fear on the second night alone. Facing fear is very healing. Why? Because your fear is totally yours. Mine is mine. Ours comes from our past and needs to be faced to be free.

When you end your fast do so slowly. Don't kill two plates of spaghetti. Your gut will thank you. Ask me how I know. Eat something gentle and don't eat till your full. Just comfortable.

In the middle of a fast it's real common to think that you're accomplishing nothing and wasting your time. You will feel real human and bored. It's not till the fast is over that you look back and realize just how far it took you.

Make darn sure that you are healthy enough to fast for three days.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
To follow up on my earlier post...

...you have no idea how little food I'm able to eat each day and remain active. Its an EYE OPENER from a survivalist perspective.

One huge note: Drink water, water, water, and than... ...more water.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Results:

This post is like a breath of fresh air. All these dumb ineffective workout programs. Dozens of usless overcomplicated infomercial diets. What you are doing WORKS and has always worked. Exercise and good food. It's not that complicated. The reason more people don't do what you are doing is because it's not packaged and deliverd to your door in a cool looking box. It is not promoted by some Bleached blond bimbo with fake boobs in a half hour commercial.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
This post is like a breath of fresh air. All these dumb ineffective workout programs. Dozens of usless overcomplicated infomercial diets. What you are doing WORKS and has always worked. Exercise and good food. It's not that complicated. The reason more people don't do what you are doing is because it's not packaged and deliverd to your door in a cool looking box. It is not promoted by some Bleached blond bimbo with fake boobs in a half hour commercial.
Agree 100%

From car salesman, to infomercials, to the dang gun salesmen in the shop - it all seems to just be slimy business these days. Higher prices, lower quality, and someone willing to lie to you face to sell you something.

...but I digress :D:

·
Registered
105 Posts
A few years back I ate a bag of oranges a day for two days. Once the heartburn and butt volcano was over I felt like a million bucks. (about 3 days)

consider this my tmi for the week..;)

·
Anyone?
3,673 Posts
Doesn't sound like a cleanse if it calls for chemical laxatives.

You can get a good cleanse from good ol' vitamin C.
Use the buffered type and take 1000mg every 1/2 hour. Take notes.
Eventually, you'll be running for the john.
At that point, you quit taking the stuff an let nature take it's course.

75% of the amount you used is your daily Vit. C requirement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts