Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place is normally busy, actually for the area it is real busy. Today, there were about forty people there all buying. From guns to knives, bows the whole lot. Everything they had was up for grabs (almost literally). I know both owners personally and so inquiring about the rush from the election I asked the question "how is it looking from our end" (meaning wholesale). The answer I got is stunning to me because these people are my friends first, business is second.

The answer I got was "not good, it is gonna dry up before he even takes office, much worse than Clinton." This surprised me, so I said they should place orders now as they are still very well stocked and need to stay that way. This was the exact response "we cant our wholesalers have already implemented a mandatory waiting list for orders, what we have is most likely going to be it, until after he gets seated in". This place does a ton of business and has a large stock of weapons, from Barret 50's down to single shot .22 rifles. They are worried and so am I. Period.

On a somewhat sidenote, their prices are LOW, LOW, LOW. They are actually having a sale on all pistols, shotguns and sporting rifles. The military rifles section remains unchanged, and in fact they have no plans to raise prices anymore than what is raised by their wholesalers. I couldnt believe it, I really thought the prices would skyrocket here, but in fact they are holding very steady, almost an eerie steady.

This place has never had any of the ammo shortages, or "cant get it" syndrome that other places have, I consider it my go to place, and so far they are telling me in a friendly way, "yep we are going to go out of business if this keeps up"

My suggestions are NOT to panic buy, but rather to stay on course with what you need and want. Panic buying this early in the game, will raise hell in December and January.

I did however here something that made me buy "a little" :) more ammo. That is his proposal on taxation of ammunition (ALL ammunition). If you like to shoot I would be buying ammo right now, not guns. I think his plan is to stop the ammo flow, without ammo gun control is useless.

END RANT :) sorry guys, and feel free to ask anything.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I think it is a buying trend that will continue, at least for a while...I have seen a jump in AK prices but not skyrocketing prices. I have been laying in reloading supplies. Primers and powder mostly. I agree shut down the ammo and gun control become a moot point.
Yeah...any effort towards gun control will start with ammunition control...

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
survival helper thanx for the input. sounds like you got some really good quality friends there they didnt fall to greed, and know they they need to help ppl get ready. :thumb: :thumb: to them

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
i went to a local gun and hunting store today to find that they don't sell pistols anymore. I was in shock. Apparently the liberal canadian firearms act has made handgun ownership such a pain in the a^* that they stopped stocking them. what a way to ruin a great sport! :mad:
From what i understand is that there is only ONE store in the entire okanagan valley that sells handguns anymore. :(
Canadian transport laws makes pistol buying hard if your going to buy out of town. Now im not sure what to do...

anyways i was the only customer in the store, and the rifle rack was full; due to overinflated prices. the remington 30.06 i looked at was over $800! and $35 for a box of shells... pretty silly.
guess ill have to keep on shoppin...

peace
al

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
With the news today about the coming Executive orders from OBAMA it will do nothing but fuel the buying frenzy we are seeing. People are going nuts out there. Suddenly everyone has to have everything they always wanted. I was in one gun store on Saturday and they were all but wiped out. They had less than a dozen guns left on the shelves. People were buying mags for guns they did not own.

One guy was trying to buy a loader for 7.62x39 steel cased berdan primed rounds. We just looked at him like where have you been for the last 30 years? It took us too long to explain to him that he was wasting his time and ours with this. He had just read that he needed a loader. He is one of the same guys that is going to hunt for food if it goes down the tubes. Yeah right.

I call ahead now and have my stuff in a sack waiting for me. I don't even want to be aroudn the idiots anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts