Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..I went to a local outdoor store to look at a Springfield SAR8 to put on layaway. Instead, I walked out with an HK USP .40 compact. Price? $467.61 tax included with two magazines, HK case, and manual.

·
Registered
350 Posts
..I went to a local outdoor store to look at a Springfield SAR8 to put on layaway. Instead, I walked out with an HK USP .40 compact. Price? $467.61 tax included with two magazines, HK case, and manual.
That is a really good deal! :) Congratulations on buying an absolutely stellar pistol!

--Wintermute

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts
great deal on the USP!

Make sure the SAR 8 is NOT the aluminum receiver variant. it's crap. the steel version is the only way to go.

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Used...

Was it on sale because thats a steel. Its hard to find a Glock for that price. Maybe its used is it new or used?
but I cleaned it last night (just superficial dust & such) and it still had factory lubricant in the springs and action. It's been carried, but barely shot.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Either way you got a pretty decent deal. HK is a great gun maker. Fine German craftsmanship.

But I will recomend one thing USE hollow points not FMJ.

Just my opion though. Winchester White box ammo isnt bad either. But they do have it in Hollow point.

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts
USP Compact. I've got it's cousin on my hip right now, my daily carry is a USP Compact in .45 ACP.
The gray case indicates it's a few years old, current production ships with a black case. What's the date code? It's the two letters on the left side of the slide below where it says ".40 S&W", between the stag horn and the eagle with the letter "N". If you disassemble the pistol, it's also stamped into the frame, just forward of the mag well (don't worry if they're not the same, H&K is known to use slides and frames from different years when they assemble the finished product.)

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Date code is...

USP Compact. I've got it's cousin on my hip right now, my daily carry is a USP Compact in .45 ACP.
The gray case indicates it's a few years old, current production ships with a black case. What's the date code? It's the two letters on the left side of the slide below where it says ".40 S&W", between the stag horn and the eagle with the letter "N". If you disassemble the pistol, it's also stamped into the frame, just forward of the mag well (don't worry if they're not the same, H&K is known to use slides and frames from different years when they assemble the finished product.)
..."AB". My manual's dated 1994.

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts
AB=01, so your pistol was mfr'ed in 2001.

A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G=6
H=7
J=8
K=9

"I" is skipped on purpose, 'cause it looks like a "1".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts