Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lady who cuts me hair is from the former Soviet Union. She defected 18 years ago and she and I often have great conversations about what life was like in "Old Russia". Today, we get talking about the financial crisis. Before I know it, there are about 5 hair dressers sitting around me and I'm explaining to them what's going on. Turns out, these ladies have identified a number of "survivalists" who come in and always hit them up for information.

Alla, the lady who cuts my hair, says, "It sounds like the United States might become like the Soviet Untion", referring to a financial collapse. So I asked her if she'd go back to Russia if things got real bad here and she said, "No, Americans will fight to make this country great again". I told her I think she gives the average American too much credit. She said that I'd be surprised at how many people she's had conversations with, while cutting their hair, that are prepared to fight the US government.

Makes you wonder just how many of "us" there are out there.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
i hope the person you go too to get your hair did is right about the people of this country and that yo are wrong but i feel that you are right and she is wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
The lady who cuts me hair is from the former Soviet Union. She defected 18 years ago and she and I often have great conversations about what life was like in "Old Russia". Today, we get talking about the financial crisis. Before I know it, there are about 5 hair dressers sitting around me and I'm explaining to them what's going on. Turns out, these ladies have identified a number of "survivalists" who come in and always hit them up for information.

Alla, the lady who cuts my hair, says, "It sounds like the United States might become like the Soviet Untion", referring to a financial collapse. So I asked her if she'd go back to Russia if things got real bad here and she said, "No, Americans will fight to make this country great again". I told her I think she gives the average American too much credit. She said that I'd be surprised at how many people she's had conversations with, while cutting their hair, that are prepared to fight the US government.

Hairdressers hear everything. My mom was one for a while to pay for college (nursing) and you would be amazed at the stuff an average person will say to the person cutting their hair.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'd hate to see anything like this happen to America, hurts my heart thinking about it. Our founding fathers fought for our freedom, is America willing to throw that away?
i dont think there willing to throw it away it just seams like a chain of events one thing leading to one another and causing all this to happen, i agree there are alot of americans who are willing to fight as they say now but when it comes down to the situation either fight or go to the other side, there will be few who will actually fight for our freedoms, i know i am willing and will, will you? i just hope it wont come down to actuall combat, but if it does im prepared

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I'd hate to see anything like this happen to America, hurts my heart thinking about it. Our founding fathers fought for our freedom, is America willing to throw that away?
not all of us. you wont hear me say anything about it though ;)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Ever see a person hit rock bottom? It is ugly for a long while. You think they will die and not over come it. Some don't. Some only become shadows of what they could have been, and only a few succeed.

It's not ugly enough, yet. Things will have to get UG-LEEE!

The story does sound familiar. People are talking about SHTF, but just barely breaking the surface.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think they knew that the fight for freedom never ends.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure"

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
It's depressing, but I don't think there's nearly enough of us. If there were, we wouldn't be in this mire in the first place. If more of us had our heads screwed on properly, we would have lynched the buggers who met on Jekyl Island in 1913 to create the federal reserve.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

First, I cut my own hair. :thumb:

Second, she's right. There are lots of them out there. Not saying I am or ain't but I've heard it discussed myself...a lot.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think they knew that the fight for freedom never ends.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure"
How could they not know how it will go? at least in a general direction. As a nation founded on Christian principles the Bible told them how it was , how it was going to go and how it ends . What comes along the way is challenging this god thing is evil and we must put up the good fight as a matter odf faith and principle to preserve the original idea of our country for as long as possiable. Politics is plus or minus freedom , relegion is our imortal souls both should be fought for.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There's just a whole lot of people who wouldn't care, one way or another, so long as whatever form of government rules the country, it still maintains their free govt goodies and handouts program...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts