Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the older posts trying to figure out how liberal the area is. Thanks to the military I've had the pleasure (sarcasm) of living in very liberal parts of Marylalaland and even got to visit the interesting cities of San Francisco and Malibu. We will be moving to Idaho Falls in May and don't want any surprises. We were looking at the CDA area but figured with Spokane so close that in a few years the libs would inundate the area and start passing 'tard laws (ie a "rain tax" like Maryland) or having the PC police go nuts on me and mine.

·
Deo iuvante
4,977 Posts
I did some work out at the INEL for a couple of years, where I flew in on Monday and out on Friday -- so I didn't actually live there. My impression was that Idaho Falls was about 80% LDS, and thus relatively conservative. In the 2016 election, the county voted for Trump over Clinton by about 3 to 1. Even in the city precincts, I didn't see a precinct that was less than 2 to 1 in favor of Trump.

You can check some past election results here:
http://www.co.bonneville.id.us/index.php/elections/election-results
Mostly Republican over Democrat 3-1 in the general Presidential elections.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I lived in Idaho Falls for 25 years until November when I moved for work. As Bazooka said, it's very LDS, and very conservative. The surrounding area is all agricultural, which helps the conservative vibe as well. It always votes red in national elections, I think there might be one Democrat state Rep, I can't remember off the top of my head.
Do you have more specific questions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There was an article a couple months ago where the city council briefly discussed becoming a sanctuary city. It didn't go anywhere. We had a couple dozen women wearing the vagina hats during the "women's march" but the short buses had to bring them.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
1,060 Posts
I was there for 3 1/2 years courtesy of Uncle Sam (20years ago). I seem to remember a large gun shop downtown, and one out on the west side of town. Lots of LDS, but I did not know them to be intrusive. Nice quiet little town that I would gladly move back to if I could.
I lived near the Elks Club if the neighborhood makes a difference.

I guess I should also mention that the couple thousand of Uncle Sam's finest are no longer part of the population, so yes, things have most likely changed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lived in Idaho Falls for 25 years until November when I moved for work. As Bazooka said, it's very LDS, and very conservative. The surrounding area is all agricultural, which helps the conservative vibe as well. It always votes red in national elections, I think there might be one Democrat state Rep, I can't remember off the top of my head.
Do you have more specific questions?

Not really specific questions, just more wanting the feel of the area. We will be moving there in a couple of months for what will likely be a permanent move so I don't want to end up in lib town in a red state. BTDT and have gotten fired from work because of it. I do appreciate the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts