Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining, it's pouring...wait, not it's not, it's snowing like the dickens. Here's a couple videos of today's snow storm. At it's peak it snowed a little over 2 inches an hour. We had thunder early this morning and thunder snow is just the best. It comes down so hard while it's happening you can't see your hand if you hold it out at arm's length. I just love snow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The thicker the better!!

I really enjoy the snow also, I grew up in Wyoming, and thick blankets of snow were great. I have fond memories of hunting in 4+ feet of snow. Its a great winter when it is cold WITH snow, instead of the other way around.:D:

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Gee, been sitting out side in my T shirt and shorts hooking up a set of running lights on my hog listing to the waves break on the beach 5 blocks away. Wish I could have some snow........ as long as it's gone by tomorrow morning. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gee, been sitting out side in my T shirt and shorts hooking up a set of running lights on my hog listing to the waves break on the beach 5 blocks away. Wish I could have some snow........ as long as it's gone by tomorrow morning. :)
*Gasp* you would want it gone by tomorrow. I hope the snow isn't listening to you here.:D: I just got back from a snowmobile run with friends. There are things you can do on a sled that you can only dream about on a hog...and the snow makes the landings softer too.

I'm waiting for the toddies to warm up so I can put them in the thermos. Then I'm off to the lake via rocky's dells to meet up with friends. The only way to get back into that area is by foot in the summer and snowmobile in the winter. It's a good place for a bonfire, a few drinks and good friends.

Maybe by March I might be getting tired of it, but I don't know. I haven't even gotten out to the slopes yet and it takes me a good two-three months to not want to wear my ski bunny outfit anymore.:D:

blt

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
hmmm... wondered if we're anywhere near each other. Snows coming down and blowing around pretty good right now...

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Had snow Friday, Places were closing early to send people home.
Snowing right now (Sunday).

Suppose to snow Tue. & Wed.

I've shovelled 3 times now. Including digging out 5'-6' drifts from one side of the house. My arms are getting sore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts