Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to prepare the fruit of the snottygobble tree so that its palatable? I know its supposed to be edible, but it tastes like **** when eaten raw off the tree. Bad even by bush tucker standards.
Any good info on south west australian bush tucker welcome. Hard to find good local knowledge.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Anyone know how to prepare the fruit of the snottygobble tree so that its palatable? I know its supposed to be edible, but it tastes like **** when eaten raw off the tree. Bad even by bush tucker standards.
Any good info on south west australian bush tucker welcome. Hard to find good local knowledge.
You need to talk with South Coast NRM (Inc.) in Mercer Road Albany. They have a great working relationship with the local (regional) Indigenous people, from there you will be able to find out a whole lot more about SW Australian Bush Tucker.

The bush tucker in the area is actually immense.

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to talk with South Coast NRM (Inc.) in Mercer Road Albany. They have a great working relationship with the local (regional) Indigenous people, from there you will be able to find out a whole lot more about SW Australian Bush Tucker.

The bush tucker in the area is actually immense.
Thanks mate, outstanding. I'll give em a call this week.

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let us know how you get on...:):)
Just thought I'd give u an update on the info you gave me. I told a friend that i was going to call them and he told me he'd done some work for 'em a couple of months ago. This fella came up to him and offered him a witchety grub out of a paper bag. My mate was game and gave it a try and they got talking. Turns out this bloke is a local aboriginal elder and is pretty much the bush tucker guru of the Albany area. So we're gonna try and tee up a day out in the bush with him and get as much knowledge as he's willing to share.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.:thumb:

·
Winter is coming.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh no good. My mate is working long hours at the and hasn't gotten on to the bloke yet. Reckon its gonna be one of those "if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself" type things.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
No worries mate, if you can track down Lester Coyne in Albany he could put you right, he's a local Noongar elder. Nice fella, very knowledgable too. He should be in the white pages or ring ABCRadio in Albany :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts