Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Keeping it cool...
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at these for awhile. Decided to make the jump and just got them installed today. Good thing is I can always change them out if usability is lacking with them. They are metal with Tritium for low light. I will be hitting the range this weekend to run some drills and get a working feel for their value. Will post my thoughts sometime this weekend. This is their website: http://deadringerhunting.com/product/snake-eyes/

Attachments

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
I've never used them, but I am slowly warming up to optics on a pistol. They have come a LONG way. Very rugged now. I just installed a Burris Fastfire III on a Glock 19 for a guy the other day. I was actually pretty impressed. It's a pretty slick set up. I'm kicking around buying an RMR or Deltapoint and setting up a slide with one for my G17.

Anyway! Thanks for the post. I'll have to check them out. :thumb:

Reactions: Stx&Stnz

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Certainly not low profile. I don't like.....but I hope you do!
It's not any higher than the RMR or Deltapoint, by the looks of it. Certainly not a gun you'd carry for concealment, but for open carry, I think it may have merits.

I'd rather a red dot like the RMR or Deltapoint, but it has got to be tougher than those due to the lack of electronics.

Reactions: Stx&Stnz

·
Keeping it cool...
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between baby shower for second grandchild, hospital visits, and family time, I finally got some range time with my g23 with the new sights. I do like them. Yes, minor learning curve going to ghost ring on a pistol but nothing that's enough to be a no go. I have years of ghost ring experience on rifle and sight picture acquisition is identical. These do have the tritium sighting dots on both sides of the ghost ring which offer additional sight alignment. I had no issues with quick follow up shots. Of course recoil on a g23 is very mild to begin with. I quickly adjusted to natural centering of the front post to the ghost ring without use of the dots. The rear ring is large enough for sighting with easy at full arm extension. That was my biggest concern with these sights to begin with.

Overall, in honesty, I could go either way with sights. I am glad to have tried them though. I will be keeping them on my g23 if that tells you anything.

The only thing I don't like about the rear ghost sight is the orange plastic insert. The color isn't a problem or the divets inside the ring. It's the plastic being extended and exposed on the front of the ring. Not that I plan on dropping my weapon or using it as a hammer, things do happen. I am concerned how well the plastic would take an impact. I'm not sure why they didn't design the insert to be protected by the metal in front of the sight.

Anyway, they didn't end up being a waste of investment and definitely are not just a novelty mod. I have been carrying her all weekend in an owb blackhawk no problem. Ghost ring didn't affect conceal carry at 4pm. I will be putting more time in on range along with regular carry and if I have any issues will post them here.

·
Never compromise.
5,674 Posts
Wouldn't you have to replace the front sight to make up for the height difference with the rear? In one pic, it looks like you have a taller front sight, but the other it still looks too short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts