Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been considering making a dozen or so smoke bombs and put a few in my BOB, Anyone else do this? As far as I know smoke bombs are not considered pyrotechnics so they should be legal to manufacture and own. I’m also considering making up a batch of tannerite and thermite.

As far as tannerite goes, it is legal to manufacture as long as you make with intent to use right away and not stockpile. Thermite is a different story...

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i have a few items on my agenda, including pull rings. actually my main concern is finding cannon fuse. I suppose I could use firecracker fuse but its scrawny and doesnt burn very long.

besides smoke i'd also be interested in incindiaries, flash bangs, 'stingballs', and when it comes to keeping looters off my land- maybe a few claymores :D:

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup i'm might make some...:taped: i mean I'D NEVER...

Anyway, I have some great recipes if you interested:thumb:

·
Banned
653 Posts
Taken from somewhere else on the net.......

"Get stump remover and sugar, mix 50/50 in a pan, apply heat and caramelize the mixture while stirring. While mix is hot pour into container. Insert dowel rod into mix all the way to bottom to make a hole for the fuse and provide surface area to burn. After mix sets up, remove dowel insert fuse, seal top w/ silly-puddy light fuse and throw, Wa-La SMOKE!! "
apparently some states it's legal and in some it isn't.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup i know how to make it, i just wanted to know if anybody else has or does it.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its also wise to add a table spoon of baking soda or you might have a rocket chasin you...

·
Banned
653 Posts
not my recipe, I live in a state where the big ass smoke bombs are legal and sold all over the place.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
What's wrong with buying a bunch of the little smoke balls they have at the Safe and Sane stand on the Fourth? They pump out quite a bit of smoke, and in colors. And in volume they are pennies each.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What's wrong with buying a bunch of the little smoke balls they have at the Safe and Sane stand on the Fourth? They pump out quite a bit of smoke, and in colors. And in volume they are pennies each.

because its Oct 2...not July 4th lol.

besides home made ones are WAY cheeper. i make ones using old tolit paper tubes. after its all said and done it cost about 50 cents a piece. they make one heck of a smoke screen too. And i mean BIG! They are almost on par with the military ones i've used.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in an outdoor aplication thoes small party smokes will be compleatly in sufecient. sorry but i'm wanting a smoke screen, not a location marker.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
in an outdoor aplication thoes small party smokes will be compleatly in sufecient. sorry but i'm wanting a smoke screen, not a location marker.
OH, ok. How long does your recipe hang about the surface (I mean the smoke after you have burned it all)? I have made smokers out of ground ping pong balls, but it makes more of a smudge pot than a smoke screen.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It depinds on if i'm in the open and the weather. in a wooded area with light breeze it stays around for about 1-2 min. n a 23.8 mph wind( i have a hand held measuring devises) it moves but it stays aloft for a good amound of time.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When i was younger i used them in airsoft and paintball games and never got when using them.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When i get time maby i'll post a tutorial on it. they are very easy and canbe detonated in many ways.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Taken from somewhere else on the net.......

"Get stump remover and sugar, mix 50/50 in a pan, apply heat and caramelize the mixture while stirring. While mix is hot pour into container. Insert dowel rod into mix all the way to bottom to make a hole for the fuse and provide surface area to burn. After mix sets up, remove dowel insert fuse, seal top w/ silly-puddy light fuse and throw, Wa-La SMOKE

apparently some states it's legal and in some it isn't.
Be extremely careful when dealing with the mixing of chemicals! The biggest majority of stump removers out there have acid as a main ingredient. When you mix this up you are basically putting yourself and others in danger. What you have just made is a simplified Mustard gas that will scar the lungs very badly or cause death if inhaled. Otherwise known as Dry Land Drowning where the lungs fill with fluid and you suffocate! I am not trying to flame anyone. Just a word of advice.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.