Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the new Smith and Wessons have this internal cylinder lock.
Any opinions on this feature? Avoid it, don't worry about it, disable it?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have 2 of the newer smiths with the lock and 1 without it. The only way to avoid it is to buy an older smith. I dont think there is anyway to disable it, and why would you want to do that anyway? You dont have to lock it. Its a safety feature in case children or someone else was to get a hold of the gun, they would not be able to shoot it if it were locked.
I dont personally have a problem with it.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 of the newer smiths with the lock and 1 without it. The only way to avoid it is to buy an older smith. I dont think there is anyway to disable it, and why would you want to do that anyway? You dont have to lock it. Its a safety feature in case children or someone else was to get a hold of the gun, they would not be able to shoot it if it were locked.
I dont personally have a problem with it.
Check out this thread

Integrated Lock Induced Failures (ILIF) in S&W Revolvers

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/530103904/m/9571094303

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
FX , just send all your guns to Odingobama , save him some time . You'll just shoot your eye out anyhow ..........:D:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I have spoken with people who have told me that the lock 'locked up' on them while shooting it.

I refust to have a Gun with an internal lock.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
If they have to put locks on them they should use the type Taurus uses it isn't even their own design, it's a srewed in piece in the base of the hammer at the frame. insert an allen wrench turn it 1/4 turn and up pops a stud that blocks the movement of the hammer. They can be purchased and installed on any hammer type revolver. want to completely defeat it engage it and file the stud down it would take about 4 strokes. but isnt worth the effort they dont fail over a thousand HEAVY loads in my Raging Bull .480 Ruger and not a single failure,,, why? recoil would drive the stud IN not out...

:zombie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts