Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone carrying a Smith & Wesson M&P 45 concealed? I ask because it's my carry gun but due to clothing and other considerations the best method for me to carry is small of the back method tucked inside the waistband of pants. Curious what others are doing with this large framed weapon.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have several M&P's in other calibers besides .45 ACP.

I carry the FS guns IWB at ~8:00 (lefty) in either a Comptac MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck. The Crossbreed is more comfortable and more secure, but slower on the draw.

The MTAC is a little easier to conceal by adjusting the cant. As long as you get the the grip pointing towards the small of your back, I've never had an issue with printing.

Hard to give advice without seeing your body type though. If you have broad shoulders and a narrow waist, it's easier to conceal closer to 3:00 or 9:00.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
True SOB carry is foolish for several reasons.

It's the slowest presentation of any waistline carry and very difficult to re-holster, especially without covering yourself.

They print worse than any other location and garments are likely to slide up over the gun.

Availability of holsters for true SOB carry is limited and they aren't very good.

Take a fall and you are very prone to a serious injury. Many LEO agencies forbid any equipment at the base of the spine for the same reason.

M&P's are quite nice to carry and use. Appendix holsters are very concealable and VERY quick to present from. Several of my friends are carrying M&P 9/40/45 using that system. It works in most any situation. A quality IWB holster will conceal an M&P with sensible clothing. The gun should be in close proximity to your hands, allowing easy retention and access.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts