Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does anyone who has traveled the back roads of Nevada know of a
SMALL town, village, community, (say 100 people or less)?
Have been searching the internet, and on checking out these towns;
their not as small as they say.
I want off the beaten path. Miles from anywhere.
Does anyone remember the movie, 'Tremors'. Perfection, NV., A small community like
that I would really like. Nothing there.:sleep:
Let me know the name if you know of one.
Eureka Nevada, it;s off of Hwy 50, but you dont see very many people at all traveling that portion of the Hwy, we rode our Bikes out that way, we saw maybe 5 cars on the road, passed em doing 100 + way cool town, I'd hate to have to go get milk living there
"Honey see you in a couple of days,going to go get some milk!"

·
Banned
10,726 Posts
most small towns in NV are on major hwy's. there are a few way out , like Dyer, areas of the Big Smokey Valley.
With all due respect, you need to get out more. Small towns in Nevada are all over the place. Some are on dirt roads. Look at a map atlas. I have been to every mine in the state as of about 1990. There are towns in places no one would expect to find one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
With all due respect, you need to get out more. Small towns in Nevada are all over the place. Some are on dirt roads. Look at a map atlas. I have been to every mine in the state as of about 1990. There are towns in places no one would expect to find one.

X2 if or when you truly look around you will be surprised.

Just remember, these are small west towns. Close knit, very protective and apprehensive to outsiders.

If you find an area you like get to know the people. It will take time...some of them a very long time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We rode his at 50 through NV, there are towns along the highway that are very small, not much traffic EurekAlert is the only one that I remember the name

·
Registered
19 Posts
Silver Peak, almost a ghost town at night.

Fairly busy during the day when the Lithium mine is running but it's so small.......

HOW SMALL IS IT?

....that it only has ONE bar!

Well away from the highway.
Well south of the jet stream so the temp is pretty moderate by NV standards but the terrain is fairly barren.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Too bad Lamoille Canyon ain't for sale (and that I don't have a bazillion dollars to buy it). Somewhere like that wouldn't be too bad...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah but I live 20 minutes from lamoille it's beautiful and doesn't have alot of people but spring creek and elko each have around 20,000 people and there minutes apart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
Spent two days in Eureka. Loved it. Good folks. If they had more reliable water I'd be there. I like small towns but I want them big enough to have a doctor within 20 miles.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts