Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Always Loaded
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying in to no avail to find ANY SP primers. I began reloading mere weeks before the panic began and was only able to secure around 5K before things went critical. I was lucky enough to find some Tula LP primers at powder valley, and ordered 10K of them. Does anyone have advice on were to find any? Otherwise it looks like I will be shooting alot more .45 than 9MM.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Where are they? They are on a shelf next to my reloading bench!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been looking myself. Cabelas and Gander Mountain, no luck. LGS has Federal, but they jacked the price up to $47. I said, thanks, but no. Hope my stock lasts until things get back to some what normal. Sucks that you were just getting started with reloading.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two days ago I purchased two 1,000 Remington 1 1/2 small pistol primer boxes at a gun show in southern Illinois. The cost was $32 per thousand - same as it was last year at this time. The sellers had enough on hand that I could have bought 10-20,000 if I had the money and so desired. I saw no shortage and the price was normal.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
Two days ago I purchased two 1,000 Remington 1 1/2 small pistol primer boxes at a gun show in southern Illinois. The cost was $32 per thousand - same as it was last year at this time. The sellers had enough on hand that I could have bought 10-20,000 if I had the money and so desired. I saw no shortage and the price was normal.
Just so you know. They are not suggested to be used with the .223/.556. in any semi auto. They are to soft and you can have slam fire problems. I have never had this but have talked to some that said they have. No idea if its true. Even in the last shortage those were available. Had me wounder why.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Just so you know. They are not suggested to be used with the .223/.556. in any semi auto. They are to soft and you can have slam fire problems. I have never had this but have talked to some that said they have. No idea if its true. Even in the last shortage those were available. Had me wounder why.
Why would he be using Small Pistol Primers in .223/5.56?

Reactions: jodier7

·
Always Loaded
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only place I've located them was a hour drive away for Remingtons at $50 a K. No thanks. I have heard of using SR primers in place of SP, but I'm not planning to try that.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Different locations, different supply. If you need them, pay the$45. I remember 4 years ago a local shop was $99 per thousand. They dropped out down to $80 after a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I went and bought some large rifle primers the other day and later realized they only charged me $3.99 for a brick of 1000 CCI primers. Apparently the checker only charged me for one box of 100 instead of the 10 boxes in the brick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts