Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a small, around 4" blade, fixed blade for my edc bag. I'd like to stay under $30 if possible.

any suggestions?

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
I know this one is a little over your specs, but save another $35 on top of what you have and get this one. You won't be disappointed. You'll be glad you spent a little extra. You gotta hold one of these in your hand to appreciate it.
Ask Andrew1985 what he thinks about it. :thumb:
Semper Paratus!

GERBER LMF II SURVIVAL KNIFE
Serrated Edge
Drop Point

Model # 22- 01400

BRAND NEW IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE!
(Not used, refurbished, second, blemished or otherwise)
Current year's model! Gerber Limited Lifetime Warranty MSRP: $135.99

Down behind enemy lines? Left to fend for yourself? These are the scenarios that inspired the LMF II. Former military man, Jeff Freeman led the charge to engineer this fearless new 10" survival knife. And we field-tested with the troops.

This knife is as adaptable as the personnel who carry it. Use it to cut through the skin of a fuselage. Or sever a seat belt. Or egress through the Plexiglas of a chopper. Plus, the LMF II does a slick job cutting firewood and building shelter.

The over-molded handle successfully limits blistering. There is complete separation between the tang and butt cap, so the knife absorbs the shocks from hammering and prevents the shocks of electricity. Smartly situated grooves and lashing holes let the LMF II convert to a spear. The low-profile sheath facilitates movement, limits noise, works for parachuting, and attaches to a belt or Molle vest. The patented, integrated sharpener means edge retention in the field.

Features:

Rugged, versatile survival tool
Safety knife included
Low-profile sheath with built-in sharpener

Specifications:

Overall Length: 10.59"
Length of Blade: 4.84"
Weight: 11.4 oz.
Blade Material: 12C27 Stainless
Handle Material: Glass-filled nylon with TPV overmold
Blade Style: Drop Point
Sheath Material: Ballistic nylon with fire retardant coating
Blade Type: Serrated
Made in U.S.A.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...prev=/images?q=gerber+II+asek&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already have the Mora, I had a LMF2 and broke it...its also a bit too big. I already have a few edc folders, i want a fixed blade because of there overall strength and durability.

i was thinking of somthing along the lines of a neck knife of sorts...

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought about this one just as a cheep edc that can be abused...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VSQPZYGZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

its about the right size too. I'm not too crazy about the tanto style but it could do. It says its stainless, which i'm not crazy about that eather, and dosent specify what kind of stainless...?

its called the fury smokies neck knife.

·
Junior Oldie
817 Posts
I have two neck knives - CRKT Neck PECK and a debranded Cold Steel. The current choices from CRKT might perform well, but are butt ugly, IMO. If you can find one of their Carson designed ones, they are quite nice. The K4 from Cold Steel is VG-1 and handles well, but I don't own one (bought the other instead). Does have a 4" blade, which is on the larger side for neck knives. I know some folks have issues with Cold Steel, but I've never had any problems with mine. In your price range, too.

http://www.coldsteel.com/53t4series.html

·
Registered
798 Posts
I just bought a RC-3 on Ebay for 69$!!! 1095 carbon steel, full tang, micarta grips, kydex sheath. LIFE TIME WARRENTY!! NO QUESTIONS ASKED

http://www.knifeworks.com/productimages/rat/rc-3p-mb.jpg

They retail for about 109.00 but you can buy em all day long on ebay for 75$ Its above what you were lookin for but in my mind you cant beat it. save some beer money one weekend and buy it. you wont regret it.:thumb:

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd take a stiff kiss if i could find one other than the tanto style but they seem to be sold out everywhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts