Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all edible but they have to be thoroughly cooked first to get rid of parasites harmful to humans. From the banana slug in Oregon to the Channel Apple Snail in Florida t the garden slug in Maine (which is a European import.) All edible, when cooked.

When I was a kid I used fresh water clams as bait and occasionally found a black pearl, which have value.

The down size to slugs and snails is some of them like toxic mushrooms, so it is a good idea to keep them around for a few days, either starving or feed on hmmmm... garlic and cornmeal... yum.

We have an invasion of gourmet snails here in central Florida... Eating snails, a civic duty. Go a big blog on them at my website.

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
one thing I found made them interesting it put a little chili powder on their food source you will be suprised at the taste change

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
I actually use to go catch them out in the rivers and such so they are wild they never realy seem to have a problem with the taste either

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
Interesting. Anyone ever given any thought to "raising" them at a BOL for when TEOTWAWKI comes? What would it take?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts