Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just a newbie to the group and I wanted to throw out my 2 cents on a fine AK.

It's an Arsenal SLR-107-26. It's stock except for the duracoat, the adco a-30, and the fore/pistol grips.

PROs:
Uber reliable thus far - 500 rounds and zero malfunctions. A friend has a mini-30 that will often dent Wolf (military classic) primers but not set them off. I throw em' in my gun and BOOM everytime. I'm using Circle 10 mags FYI.

The aluminum forend is a solid (barrel mounted) picatinny rail platform. It adds to the weight but you're getting something back for sure.

CONs:
No side plate. If you have a long-eye-relief scope (or red dot), it's probably not much of an issue. The folding stock has a relief cut for the thing, I wonder why Arsenal didn't include it?

Folding stock won't stay folded during firing. It's not much of an issue for me because I virtually never fire it folded, but it's a quality hit.

NEITHER HERE NOR THERE:
The butt stock is WARSAW pact length and a little bit too short for me personally.

The trigger breaks clean but is quite heavy (guessing 6.5-7 lbs).

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Good rifle, I've got one just like it minus the quad rail and it's my primary go to rifle, I've got about 750 or so through mine and it too has been flawless. I run an ultimak/T-1 combo, all in all a very solid and good shooting AK well worth the $. I run waffle mags and chicom smooth back 30's in mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice review, that's kind of cheesy it doesn't fire in a folded position though. Contact Arsenal, maybe they can correct that down the line?

After recently picking up and SGL-21 and been 110% impressed I think the SLR107-23 will be my next, that desert tan looks so cool.

Such good guns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will fire with the stock folded, but the spring mechanism which holds the folded stock against the receiver is too weak. It really just needs a stiffer spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts