Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
man how does he get accuracy with odd shaped pebbles???!!!! i had a slingshot as a kid and could hit stuff with bb's or round shot but rocks always went all over the place. i still have my slingshot and a new never installed rubber for it, now i wanna play with it!!!!!!!!!

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
You have to admit that man is good at what he does. I too recall using a slingshot when I was a kid and I too miss it.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
note to self: pick up a few wrist rockets at dunhams.

·
Gunsmith
203 Posts
wow that is pretty awesome, used to have a nabor in his 70's or so when he was a kid he would tree a squirrel into its hole climb the tree with a bit of frayed bike cable stick the cable in the hole spin it which would get the squirrels tail cough in the frayed cable pull it out and give it a whack would have squirrel to eat.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
50 years experience, cant beat that, you would not want to be stealing apples from his land, you would not know where the next shot was comming from.
Used these a lot when I was small, nowhere as good as him though.
Wonder what elastic he uses there,seems to streeeeeeeetch quite a lot.

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
I still use my slingshot,i have to aim though,i wish i was as good as Rufus.:thumb:

·
You're no daisy
1,309 Posts
I love seeing people like this, truly amazing the skill one can attain with motivation and time to perfect it.

No TV or Phone means no computer then either, say it aint so Rufus! He would be a wealth of information on these boards.

Edited* according to the person who posted the video on Youtube this was filmed in 1985. I thought those old style pepsi cans looked brand new! Rufus has since passed away... I wonder if he passed on his slingshot crafting technique to someone.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I am a welder by trade. The welding wire we use comes in 500 lbs. boxes. There is a rubber band about an inch wide in each one holding down the wire with a piece of 1/4 inch rod. It is good live rubber. I have been saving these things for years using them for clamping wood work. I might have to sacrifice a couple for a prototype.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts