Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 9 stripper clips for my two SKS rifles and found some Chinese made strippers that come 10 to a pack. Are these good quality clips? I have read about some clips that were a single use clip because after loading they would break.

I would like to stock 20 or so just to have on hand but want to get clips that can be reused. Any suggestions of better made clips? Thanks in advance.

I can post a link to the clips I am looking at if thats allowed here.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Do NOT buy any new production stripper clips. Odds are they will suck in your rifle.

Look for old surplus ones. Ebay has them.

The best clips in most peoples opinions are the one stamp by BXN. Those are original Czech surplus.

Pretty much if the clips are stamped with a couple letters or numbers odds are they are original surplus. I have used ones stamped with 221, 31, and BXN in my 5 sks rifles and they work really well. I tried the NC star ones and I ended up tossing 2/3 of them since they sucked in comparison.

Spend the extra money and get original surplus.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers. Thats what I was looking for. I read the linked thread and most of the links mentioned were no longer good. But the one to Gunparts was and those are supposed to be the best.

If the GB sellers writes me back I will ask if the clips he is selling are the BXN or the NCStar clips. The BXN are supposed to be the best. And both of my rifles are Norinco brand. One with the 20" barrel and the other is the 16" Paratrooper version. Both almost like new with 80 rounds through each so far.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,769 Posts
It has been years since we bought ours, no luck in finding out where we bought them from online. Sorry

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased a couple of packs from Numrich a week or so ago, just got the shipping notice today. They don't list a brand or what the markings are, they used to be BXN. I'll post what they are when they arrive.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased a couple of packs from Numrich a week or so ago, just got the shipping notice today. They don't list a brand or what the markings are, they used to be BXN. I'll post what they are when they arrive.
Thanks. I'll wait to see what you get before I order. I also want to order a spare lower plastic magazine housing from them for my Marlin Camp Carbine while I can get a spare.:thumb:

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,605 Posts
What are they selling for these days?
I have half a case of M67 (Yugo) on strippers but don't have an SKS.
I wouldn't part with the ammo but might part with the stripper clips.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,247 Posts
The only thing that really matters is if the clip fits in the gun properly. If it's too tight, you can sand it a bit. Otherwise, you can tune the spring in the clips if they are too loose and drop ammo, or too tight and hard to load. Just use a pair if needlenose pliers and slightly bend the spring ends upwards or downwards accordingly. I'd adjust them to work right, then lightly wipe them down inside and out with CorrosionX. That helps the ammo slide out easier and prevents rust. Almost all clips can be tuned like that if they fit the gun right. If they don't fit, not much you can do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I'll wait to see what you get before I order. I also want to order a spare lower plastic magazine housing from them for my Marlin Camp Carbine while I can get a spare.:thumb:
Just came in. I bought two packs of 20, one is all BXN, and the other is 31 inside a circle, which are Chinese military, I think. I may order another pack or two if they are still in stock when my gun budget replenishes.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just came in. I bought two packs of 20, one is all BXN, and the other is 31 inside a circle, which are Chinese military, I think. I may order another pack or two if they are still in stock when my gun budget replenishes.
Thanks a bunch. Thats the info I was looking for. I may get them ordered tomorrow.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts