Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sks stapped cycling last time i took it out. I took it home and cleaned it real good, and took it out again and its still not cycling. I have to pull the bolt back each time i fire. Anyone know hot to remedy this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Look at your casings and see if they are bulging or if you have what appear to be scratch marks on them. SOunds like your rounds are hanging up in your chamber. Also try a different batch of ammo. Be sure to go to a totally different manufacturer. See if that helps. Check your gas port to be sure it is clear as well. You may not be gettng return gas pushing the rod back. If your gun a Yugo? The Yugo guns with a grenade launcher have a gas cut off switch. Is this a new gun or one that was working before?

How many rounds have you shot through it? If it was an old chinese gun, they had a tonof cosmoline in them when shipped. You had to go to a carwash sometimes to clean them up. Gas tubes were full of the stuff.

Beyond that I would take it to a good gunsmith for help.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
idunno- am I weird for liking to spend time on a complete strip down of my weapon for a meticulous clean and lube job? especially with an AK?

I was thinking to check the gas tube- but the cut off switch sounds like the more likely culprit

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
GAS PORT! if the bolt doesn't move back at all.

Hopefully your feeding it a decent type of ammo!(read: cheap Russian stuff) It'd take a real low quality to thwart an sks, even if it's full of mud! (Try it sometime! It does still work!) I've heard some people having feeding issues with hollow points. Not mine tho, it feeds empties like there's no tomorrow!

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
DOH!!!!!! Defeated by the gas cut off switch, the mark of an Eastern Bloc Gun Noob. But hey, you're getting about 60fps more out of that round with the gas return cut.....
cut off switch is the first thing i thought when i saw this thread.. everyone beat me to it! hah. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts