Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a yugo sks that I had for years . I clean my bolt after every range sesh. The last time I went I noticed that the furring pin was protruding out on the last round. After field stripping the rifle I noticed it was stuck foward. When I got home I cleaned out the bolt and found some copper I guess from the primer in the bolt . after cleaning it out the firing pin had a slight bend in it which provented it from sliding back and forth when shaking it. So I am afraid of a slam fire. I was wondering 2 things. 1. Can I put a Chinese sks firing pin in the yugo bolt. Becuase I cannot find a spare yugo firing pin online anywhere. And 2. Should I opt for the murrays firing pin ? Thanks in advance. I would purchase a yugo firing pin if anyone is willing to sell one.

·
LEGAL citizen
15,269 Posts
I think it depends on the year. The old SKS rifles had a spring and the newer ones had a free floating pin. I don't know anything about Murray's, but they seem to be on the up and up. They at least admit to having bad batches that have since been corrected and even go beyond that and tell you what they can and can't guarantee.

https://murraysguns.com/sks-firing-pins/

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
So I have a yugo sks that I had for years . I clean my bolt after every range sesh. The last time I went I noticed that the furring pin was protruding out on the last round. After field stripping the rifle I noticed it was stuck foward. When I got home I cleaned out the bolt and found some copper I guess from the primer in the bolt . after cleaning it out the firing pin had a slight bend in it which provented it from sliding back and forth when shaking it. So I am afraid of a slam fire. I was wondering 2 things. 1. Can I put a Chinese sks firing pin in the yugo bolt. Becuase I cannot find a spare yugo firing pin online anywhere. And 2. Should I opt for the murrays firing pin ? Thanks in advance. I would purchase a yugo firing pin if anyone is willing to sell one.
You probably popped a primer and didn't notice which bent the firing pin, lucky you didn't have a slam fire. Get a Murrays spring loaded firing pin, the only way to go to replace a bad firing pin. You won't regret it and won't risk slamfires in the future, he also will replace it if you ever need to in the future, but you shouldn't ever have to.

$45 and worth it

Any standard chinese firing pin would work if you don't want to go with a Murray pin, but for a few buck more you can have peace of mind.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/490790.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I decided to get both lol. I'm going to try the Chinese pin . And then I have the murrays as a back up. I was debating about murrays since I heard people's kept breaking in the bolt .

·
Banned
10,042 Posts
I think it depends on the year. The old SKS rifles had a spring and the newer ones had a free floating pin. I don't know anything about Murray's, but they seem to be on the up and up. They at least admit to having bad batches that have since been corrected and even go beyond that and tell you what they can and can't guarantee.

Get Murray's Spring Loaded FP set up !:thumb:

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
Thank you. I decided to get both lol. I'm going to try the Chinese pin . And then I have the murrays as a back up. I was debating about murrays since I heard people's kept breaking in the bolt .
Use the Murrays and save the Chinese for a last resort. When he first started making them, he was using a more brittle stock metal and there were reports of the some of the pins breaking, that is no longer an issue and hasn't been for a LONG time. He guarantees his firing pins, if you ever have a problem, he stands behind them :thumb:

He even sent the new firing pins to ALL of his customers, whether they asked or not, he sent all new pins out. Again, that was years ago and is no longer an issue.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I replaced every Yugo pin with ChiKom pins on every Yugo SKS I've ever owned to avoid the problems that I and others were having with the rifles. Never a hiccup since then.

·
Originalist
1,232 Posts
I replaced every Yugo pin with ChiKom pins on every Yugo SKS I've ever owned to avoid the problems that I and others were having with the rifles. Never a hiccup since then.
What problems were you having? What is inherently different about that Chinese firing pin that solved the issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts