Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the daily notices I get in the mail is from Kraft Foods, and while they usually relate to 'here, use all these crappy Kraft products to produce something that resembles food', today they sent me one that got me thinking,
'hey, that's not a bad idea'.

What they sent me was about skillet dinners. One pan, over the fire [source of heat, whatever], dinner.

As an example, check out Onion Patch Chicken and Rice. Or how about a nice Glazed Pork Chop Supper? Admittedly I haven't tried any of these specific recipes [although I do have a kickass one pan stir-fry recipe I can share], but the basic concept would work well for using what one has on hand [freeze/dried stuff plus whatever fresh comes to hand] for making a satisfying meal.

So, got recipes? What is out there that we can modify for freeze-dried/dried food storage, and/or supplement with fresh?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Breakfast Hash

3-4 medium potatoes, diced into bite size pieces
1 package smoky links, diced into bite size pieces
1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 cup diced red, green, yellow pepper (optional)
8 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Cook potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, add the smoky links and any of the optional ingredients you choose, and cook until the potatoes are cooked through. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until eggs are done. Top with shredded cheese and let melt (or mix in).

Elk Camp Breakfast

potatoes, diced (enough for all)
bacon, ham or even hot dogs, diced (enough for all)
1 medium onion, diced
eggs, minimum 1 per person (beaten)
bell peppers, diced (optional)
Tobasco sauce, to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a heavy cast iron frying pan and cook until done. Serve hot with favorite morning beverage.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Cut whole potatoes (with skin) into 1" pieces.
Cut brocoli floweretts into 1: bunches.
Boil up in water till tender.
Pour most of the water out. Add one can Mushroom or chicken or cream of cellery soup, add 1/2 cup grated cheese. Simmer and stir until cheese melts. Great over hot biscuits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts