Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went down to my local shotgun range today and did some trap and skeet shooting with my mossberg 590A1 , and am very happy with its performance =)

besides a couple sideways glances from the older gentlemen of the club who believe that only over unders should be used ;P

has any one else done "tactical skeet shooting" ???

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont think i will put a choke on it, because it seemed to do rather well without it.

i hit 18 out of 25 pigeons with it, wich isnt bad considering it was the first time firing this shotgun, and i havent shot skeet in about 2 years...

2,933 Posts
besides a couple sideways glances from the older gentlemen of the club who believe that only over unders should be used ;P
I'd like to show up with my (legaly)chopped pistol grip Ithaca and see what he thinks of that. Too bad I sold the 12 shot "street sweeper" years ago. That would be even better.

· Registered
5,161 Posts
I have a Benelli M1 Practical (26" barrel, muzzle brake and 10 shot tube) for 3 gun matches and I use it 3 times a year for Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays. Boy, do I get some looks. I use the full choke and load 2 rds like everyone else. It does fine and I have shot a few 25's. Not the best gun, though.

I am getting a 590A1 for the car and boat, soon. 9 shot, and ghost ring sights. I think it's the best shotgun for the $.

· Registered
80 Posts
I go with my 590. I get looks occassionally, but you should have seen the looks when my friend went with his pistol grip Mossberg 500. I wonder what looks you would get if you use a Taurus Judge :) It's even funnier when you are busting more clays than they are with their fancy over and unders.

"Contender Skeet" - shot w/ a T/C .410 Barreled Contender Pistol. Same basic thing with a "Judge" just x5 shots rather than singles.

· Here's my safety Sir
14,661 Posts
Yes we use 590's at work and we do some skeet at the range from time to time. No complaints on the weapon.

· Registered
5,854 Posts
Yeah I bet you got some wild looks of heresy, but hey if it works... I have taken my Remington 870 out a few times just to shoot a round and see what I can do and if I still got "mad skills". None the less I still prefer my O/U's for that sorta work and bird hunting.

· FANG FACE BULLETS!
475 Posts
I have used my 590 for skeet and my brother in law used his Winchester 1300 defender. My 590 has a fiber optic bead sight from tru glow and it works very well and yes you will get looked at, until they see you break the birds! :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Don't know if it counts or not but my 18 YO son has his NRA disguished expert in Shotgun with a Mossy 835 turkey gun. He shoots a fair amount with guys at our club with the $10k Krieghoffs and Perazzis etc... Lets just say when he runs 25 straight the funnys looks stop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.