Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment she's on a week long course in New Orleans!

Several Brit nurses have joined their American counterparts to talk "shop" regarding suicide and other pertinent teenage matters, she gets back home next Monday evening and goes to London on Tuesday morning.

All the "big wig" managers from her health trust are going (to say what part they played in her personal success, even though they've never left their office in Wales) but they won't pay for a hotel for her, so she has to drive back to Wales after the award ceremony.

:mad:

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Wow. I can understand your pride. Quite an honor for her good work.
And by the way, I'm only about an hour from New Orleans. You tell your sis if she gets in a jam or needs anything while she's here, let me know. Would be happy to help.
Hope she has a great time while she's here.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She has her computer with her, I'll send her an email saying that she's got unknown friends looking out for her in the States, it'll blow her mind!

She'll definitely want you to come and stay with her in Wales.

Thank you Maurepas, you're a love.

YB:)

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
All the "big wig" managers from her health trust are going (to say what part they played in her personal success, even though they've never left their office in Wales) but they won't pay for a hotel for her, so she has to drive back to Wales after the award ceremony.
wankers. That makes me sick. I would vent a bit but I do not want to be a downer; we should cheer the achievement! where is :celebrate: emoticon?

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wankers. That makes me sick. I would vent a bit but I do not want to be a downer; we should cheer the achievement! where is :celebrate: emoticon?
You're spot on, I too think the "suits" are wankers (although I'm suprised the word isn't banned on this site:D:)

Try writing N i g e r ians, as in the people from the country, it doesn't work.

The "C#nt" word does work on this site, even though it's an offensive word in the UK.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Give your sister our congratulations on a job well-done! What an impressive life's work...you both have much to be proud of. :)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
kinda reminds me of Tracy Ullman

Reactions: Yorkshire Boy

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Congraulations to her, YB.

BTW, she's obviously very generous, gifted and I must say attractive. Is she single?

Also, IMO the cheapest, and yet still pleasant, hotel in London is the Ridgemont on Gower Road, north of the British Museum. If she's really looking for a place to stay overnight, she should give them a call. The owners are really nice and might cut her an "extra" discount for being a good person.

HippieSurvivalist

1 - 15 of 15 Posts