Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are numerous threads on solar panel related stuff...and i have searched other threads...

But im a little overwhelmed on where to start, plus many things arent available here in greece like the states, but thats a whole different story...

I want to start with something simple, like using solar power to provide a simple lighting setup using LED's. To use when the power goes off, because it frequently does, or in a case if the power goes off permanently..

Then later i'll expand my setup to provide power for other things...

I'm pretty sure I have all the tools i need, soldering iron, multimeter, wiring etc, and a pretty good understanding of electricity, and for sure i can follow directions..

Where should i buy small solar panels from? It has to be affordable, and the company has to be able to ship international. The panels will have to be small...im thinking the kind i can chain together? I'm going to need a battery set-up to store the power....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe i was a bit hasty in posting this thread...

i came across this awesome website that has answered a lot of my questions....

http://www.freesunpower.com/

But i still would like to get peoples thoughts and experiences about their solar panel set-ups.

And i still need to find a good company to buy from...

If i had the money, i would go all out and do the whole set-up and get off the grid.......but money is an issue..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
common sense is also a good idea to have along with basic hand drawn blue print of the system to be able to see what is hooked up to what along makeing sure they are coved in some type of plastic cover to protect them as need ..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hello Takman. What hertocycycle do you use over there ? We are on 60, while most of europe is on 50. Makes a lot of difference. Also, we are on 120 volts while again most of Europe is usually on 230 volts. This makes a lot of dif. on the solar also. They are NOT compatible. If your on the standard Europe type current, then you may want to check into a solar site in say Australia. First , before I could begin to advise you, these facts must be known. Don't buy anything from anyone until you have these answers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.