Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Guns and Ammo's November isue the have an intresting artical about the Finnish Sniper that used a non scoped, standard issue. bolt action rifle to kill more than 549+ russian soliders!

Hayha credited his hunting backround and his marksmanship practice that made the differance on the battlefield.

So, for those people that can only afford a bolt gun, look at history and take heart, I think you going to be OK.

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Little bit of both I suppose. Finland,at that time,had an aggressive markmanship program,fully expecting to fight the Russian bear very soon.
Hayha was a damn good shot,and a very patient guy.I would not have wanted to be his enemy.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
I'd say it's the man, in this case. Most of the time he didn't even use a scope.
There's a very funny, though informative site with an article on him, called badass of the week. A good article, and a humourous site in general.

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
It was a combination of factors. Some days it was the man shone through. Other days, the reliability of his rifle that shone through. Some days it was his common sense that shone through. Some days it was his tactics. Some days it was the enemy's incompetence. Some days it was his good luck and the enemy's bad luck that came together. But every day it was his personal determination to do what he thought was right at that time. You can't have one event in sniping occur all the time that makes a person a good sniper. It's always the way things come together for that one brief second that makes an event happen. In this case, it was a series of events that repeatedly came together to make a single man a legend.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
he also had tons of easy targets. waves of people charging at the point of a gun
Try reading about the guy you are talking about instead of just spewing.
His mass combat kills were never counted in the 546 sniping shots.

The other 200+ were with the SMG.

Try a research method that goes just a little deeper than Wikipedia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.