Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to get ready for deer season, I fired off a few rounds with a weatherby vanguard chambered in 270.

Last year I took an 8 point white tail deer with this rifle. The kick is a LOT less then my Remington 280 BDL mountain rifle.

This is the video story of taking the deer with this same rifle. I still have some back strap and deer sausage from that evening.

As I was dragging that deer out of the woods, I had to stop and take several rest breaks. In all, I bet I drug that deer a 1/4 mile. There was just something about that evening - looking up at the stars, with deer in tow. It was one the most memorable evenings & hunts of my life.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Kev,
You need a helmet cam, then we could have seen it in real time video!!!:D

another good video. Hopefully I'll get a chance to have my own dear hunting stories soon.

Tbull:cool:

·
Forum Administrator
16,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just 6 weeks and a couple of days until rifle season opens. I might go to the deer lease opening weekend of bow season and see if I can get some pictures of deer taken with a bow.

Hopefully, opening weekend of deer season I will be posting pictures and videos of deer. Who knows, I might even post a video of skinning a deer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts