Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a different thread discussing the P365 I was a supporter until over 800 rounds down range and 13 malfunctions with at least one malfunction almost every hundred rounds. I had one good run over 200 rounds. Obviously not a “break-in” issue. I traded it off and agreed with the majority that my sample was a piece of crap or a lemon.

Black Friday sales at the local gun shop presented me an opportunity to buy a second one for a good price. I took the bait. In the last 5 weeks I have put over 1000 rounds down range without a single failure. I am back to my original enthusiasm for the pistol. I am about to put a 2000 round challenge test of the gun to reinforce my opinion.

A good cleaning, an accuracy test and 2000 rounds later another accuracy test. No cleaning during the challenge and a logged round count with any and all issues recorded. I am back to my opinion of the 365 as a “Game changer”. :)

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I finally got to handle one at a gun shop a few months back. It is small - way easier to conceal than a Glock 26.

I'll probably pick one up eventually.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Maybe I'll look at in a year or two, especially if they come out with a Gen 2 (then I'll have to wait ANOTHER ~year). Sig's US built firearms seem to have teething problems when first released lately.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My wife and I picked up a couple of P365's that were built in September. Both have been flawless. Mine will be replacing my G43 and maybe my M&P Shield 9.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
13,411 Posts
Just watched another YT reviewer today who overall liked the gun but his firing pin broke off at 2000 rounds.

It's a gun I am interested in, but willing to wait. In a few years, Sig will have figured out the issues and there will be similar guns by Glock, HK, SW, Springfield on the market.

I no longer am interested in beta testing guns. Had too many recalls in too short period of time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
After doing the research it seems that the P365's that were built from June 2018 and on have all of the updates. As for the primer drag it is still there and one of the updates was a stronger striker. My M&P Shield 9 and G43 also have primer drag but not as bad.

With these compact pistols using strikers i don't think we will get away from primer drag.

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started my 2000 round challenge on the 3rd of January. 3 inch accuracy (10 rounds) at 15 yards standing unsupported. 100 rounds total of Remington 115 go JHP white box ammo down range with no issues. 200 more rounds in the bag for this weekend and 200 more in the car. Hope to have the first 500 rounds done in less than a week. I hope to have the 2k down range by the end of January.

Earlier on the morning of the 3rd a friend and I were on the range shooting a plethora of pistols and revolvers at steel plates and some police type qualification courses. 9mm from a SIG 226 Navy (Mk25) and a SIG M17, .45ACP out of a Balister Molina, .38 S&W from an Enfield MkII revolver, 9mm Makarov out of a pair of East German PMs. I plan to dedicate the rest of the month to the SIG P365 exclusively.

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Change in plans... I purchased a another 365 to have a pair. After over 1200 factory rounds through my Black Friday Special I am comfortable with it in my pocket in my old Kahr PM9 Galco pocket holster. Fits like a glove.

The most recent purchase started a 2000 round challenge today. 200 rounds including both Winchester 9mm NATO and Remington 115 JHP downrange today with nothing but a swipe through the barrel with my bore snake and a touch of oil before I started. 1800 rounds to go.

��

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
200 rounds of Remington 115 gr. JHP and 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr. Ball through #2 today. No issues to report. 500 rounds down range so far and 1500 to go.

I had 10 magazines each loaded with 10 rounds. Each 100 rounds went downrange with no break other than swapping magazines. After the 100 I reloaded the magazines and did it again. After 300 rounds the trigger was noticeably hot and started to get uncomfortable. I am planning a 500 round marathon for #2 next week. We will see how she holds up and how hot she gets.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. I get home in May and while home over the holidays, I got my hands on the P365 and few rounds down range. I was considering the Glock 43, but I have a couple single stacks that already fit that bill; however, the P365 is more adequate to replace my G26 (which my son has been borrowing in my absence:taped:). I really like the slim size and 10/12 round capacity. Sights are much better out of the box (XRAY version) than the standard Glock sights. It's good to hear the earlier teething problems have been cleared up...another good reason to avoid being the new-release beta tester:D:

ROCK6

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This weekend has been busy with my wife now putting a “6” at the beginning of her age. Claims the rest of the week is hers as well.

I did get to 200 rounds through my birthday special. 100 rounds of steel cased Winchester 115 gr ball and another 100 rounds of Remington/UMC 115 gr ball.

I have had problems in the past with steel cased ammo in my pistols and tried it in the 365 to see how she would do. 10 magazines loaded with 10 rounds each started the session. Round #68 and #89 both got stuck in the chamber requiring several taps on a cleaning rod to get them out. First two failures with the pistol and I am blaming the ammo. Had the same problem with the Winchester Forged ammo in a pair of SIG 250 compact models I owned. The original model I had would lock up with every round. After three rounds I refused to put any steel case into that chamber again. The newer 250 would heat up and the occasional case would stick. No more steel for me.

Another 100 rounds of the Remington went through with no issues at all. Plan to do some qualification practice later this week and add to the round count.

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the wind is out of my sails.

Today I planned to shoot another 200 rounds through my Birthday Special. 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr ball with the aluminum case went through with nary a problem. The pistol is shooting very accurately.

The next box of ammo was Winchester 124 gr.Ball (NATO). 18 rounds went down range and the pistol ceased to function. The slide refused to return to battery.

Cleared the pistol and the barrel is locked in the down position and will not rise into battery. I can not pull the slide off due to the locked barrel. I imagine some elbow grease and a screwdriver might get it moving but since I have owned it for a total of three weeks I figure SIG needs to do the dirty work. I will be giving them a holler to send it in.

818 rounds and total failure. I am very disappointed. Again. :(

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a side note I am planning to park my other (Black Friday Special) P365 as well. No more daily carry with her. With poor results out of my first and 3rd P365 pistols I worry my 2nd one is a problem waiting to happen. I might burn up some more ammo in her but no more defensive carry with it. :(

·
Curmudgeon in training
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another note. Fooling around with the pistol and NOT applying excessive force all seems to be right. The slide did go into battery. At the range I tried several manipulations to include tapping the rear of the slide with my palm and tapping the rear of the slide down on the shooting bench. No joy. Brought it home and simply manipulating the slide and “CLICK” all is well. At this point I could break it down and found lots of crud in the pistol but the recoil spring and rails were still well lubed. No apparent broken parts. I do not know what caused it to lock up so hard. It passed the “pencil test” and I plan to try and put more rounds down range on Sunday to see what happens.

The failure still sours my opinion of the platform but I will try to see if it works now and if I can recreate the problem. The Smith and Wesson 638 Bodyguard however is in my pocket now and for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
176 Posts
@FotoTomas, When was this pistol built (Born on date)?

Really appreciate the information that you are providing. Please keep us informed.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts