Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Zomby Woof
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions or anecdotal evidence on these?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-lady.aspx

My wife wants one of these.
She has a perfectly good pre-S&W, Walther PPK/S, but the SIG is smaller and more easily concealable. I also like the familiar 1911-like design.

My limited personal experience with SIG has been all good. It is my opinion that SIG pistols are made of super-hard butter. I've never fired a smoother non-custom pistol.

I do however fear that the wife might be beginning to look at firearms like shoes. I am still not certain if this is a bad thing...

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
... It is my opinion that SIG pistols are made of super-hard butter. I've never fired a smoother non-custom pistol.

I do however fear that the wife might be beginning to look at firearms like shoes. I am still not certain if this is a bad thing...
I love that description of Sig LOL Great analogy.

As far as the wife trying guns like shoes, I wouldn't think that is a bad thing. Eventually she will find her favorites that is suitable for daily wear and then you guys will have 10 other pairs that is left untouched. Never hurts to have extra guns :D:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It took me forever to get my wife comfortable with having guns in the house. She shocked me the other day when she told me that if our house sells i can buy a new rifle to go hog hunting with. Shopping for guns like they were shoes? I should be so lucky.

As for SIG's, Never owned one, but I've never heard a bad thing either. Give it a try. Cain't hurt might help.

·
Porch Captain
135 Posts
I've carried a P238 for about a year now. Early on there were problems, and Sig redesigned the magazine followers and recoil spring. Once those two issues were resolved, my P238 became my favorite pistol to shoot. If .380 weren't so expensive, the 1911 and Buckmark wouldn't get nearly as much range time. As for being suitable for ladies, both my sister and cousin have shot it several times. They absolutely love it! Both shot my cousin's LCP, and then the Sig. Neither could believe how light the recoil was, especially the "snap" that the LCP has. Hope this helps.

·
Livin' the freekin' dream
428 Posts
Picked mine up in Feb. of this year. I've had a Kel-Tec P3AT (pretty much the same as the Ruger LCP) and have fired the Bersa thunder 380, and this by far is THE most concealable and still controllable .380 on the market IMHO. (There is enough weight to be able to control the recoil and it is still small enough to fit in your pocket.)

My wife absolutely didn't like firing the Kel-Tec at all. She fired two shots down range with the Sig and hasn't given it up. I'm now going to have to go get another one so I have one for me.:rolleyes:

Initially they did have some problems but like all new firearms I waited till it seemed the bugs were all worked out. Almost 1000 rounds down range so far and not a single hickup. It's been mentioned by other P238 owners that some seem picky on ammo, but mine hasn't at all. Of course I tend not to fire anything like the Tulla Ammo out of it which even my Ket-Tec didn't appreciate either.

I don't think you could go wrong with one, although there will be plenty that will tell you you shouldn't 'cause they make 9mm's that "aren't much bigger". Well......they are still bigger and there are plenty of effective .380 self defense rounds out there now.

Good luck!

·
Zomby Woof
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked mine up in Feb. of this year. I've had a Kel-Tec P3AT (pretty much the same as the Ruger LCP) and have fired the Bersa thunder 380, and this by far is THE most concealable and still controllable .380 on the market IMHO. (There is enough weight to be able to control the recoil and it is still small enough to fit in your pocket.)

My wife absolutely didn't like firing the Kel-Tec at all. She fired two shots down range with the Sig and hasn't given it up. I'm now going to have to go get another one so I have one for me.:rolleyes:

Initially they did have some problems but like all new firearms I waited till it seemed the bugs were all worked out. Almost 1000 rounds down range so far and not a single hickup. It's been mentioned by other P238 owners that some seem picky on ammo, but mine hasn't at all. Of course I tend not to fire anything like the Tulla Ammo out of it which even my Ket-Tec didn't appreciate either.

I don't think you could go wrong with one, although there will be plenty that will tell you you shouldn't 'cause they make 9mm's that "aren't much bigger". Well......they are still bigger and there are plenty of effective .380 self defense rounds out there now.

Good luck!
I have carried a Kel-Tec P3AT daily for several years now and have no complaints at all. The fit and finish of the crappy looking plastic are adequate, but the thing has never so much as stove-piped and eats anything.

Her PPK/S shoots so good it's scary, but I think she likes the SIG for it's looks and slightly smaller build. The Walther also has a 14lb double action trigger pull (first shot) that she has difficulty with. Her first round is always off target.

We will see.

·
Zomby Woof
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A family member just purchased a .380 and I'm curious as to what ammo do you use?
I've had good service with Hornady XTP 90g in the .380 pistols.
I carry XTPs in the 9mm and 45ACP, as well as using them in my .50 cal muzzle loader.

·
Livin' the freekin' dream
428 Posts
I have carried a Kel-Tec P3AT daily for several years now and have no complaints at all. The fit and finish of the crappy looking plastic are adequate, but the thing has never so much as stove-piped and eats anything.

Her PPK/S shoots so good it's scary, but I think she likes the SIG for it's looks and slightly smaller build. The Walther also has a 14lb double action trigger pull (first shot) that she has difficulty with. Her first round is always off target.

We will see.
I never had any problems with the Kel-Tec other than with my short fat fingers (essentially a paw) I could only get one full finger on the grip and only half of my ring finger. That and the lack of an actual sight picture made me decide to sell it and get the Sig.

The kel-tec was a great gun and it never failed on me (other than with Tula Ammo).

·
Registered
165 Posts
I started out 25 years ago shooting Beretta 92F. Picked up a Sig 226 and fell in love. I own a 226 in 40cal and a 229 in 9mmnow. I love the way they shoot. You can't go wrong with a Sig. IMHO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts