Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and updated the grips on my p226. I switched from the E2 grips to the Hogue Extreme piranha. Much improved feel and texture IMO. It was definitely worth the cost but I've been wanting them for some time. I think I'll get some rubber grips for hard use.

I also got a OneTigris universal holster. The holster feels very well made for the cost (probably made in China) and should handle most applications I'll use it for. I really wanted something on the night stand to accommodate my different light and pistol combos. Good day for me with these gun goodies.
20210504_182504.jpg
20210504_182148.jpg
20210504_182106.jpg

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Very nice. I have an older P226 and will upgrade with those grips...have to get the upgraded trigger spring though I think...

ROCK6

·
Fenced In
3,369 Posts
How are you carrying that OneTigris holster? Belt? MOLLE?

I ask because I bought a similar (but not identical) holster as a universal option, and virtually every double-stack handgun I tried in it caused the fabric to bulge to such an extent that it would ride away from my body at a weird angle. Meanwhile, single-stack guns were practically swimming in it, with nowhere near a safe level of retention. I think it may have been Red Rock brand, but not positive on that.

The grips look nice. Hogue does a good job. Probably will leave my 226 as-is though, unless I want to go down the rabbit hole of modding/accessorizing yet another gun. Focusing on getting spare parts for everything first, in case Sleepy Joe makes good on his campaign promise to outlaw ordering parts online.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you carrying that OneTigris holster? Belt? MOLLE?

I ask because I bought a similar (but not identical) holster as a universal option, and virtually every double-stack handgun I tried in it caused the fabric to bulge to such an extent that it would ride away from my body at a weird angle. Meanwhile, single-stack guns were practically swimming in it, with nowhere near a safe level of retention. I think it may have been Red Rock brand, but not positive on that.

The grips look nice. Hogue does a good job. Probably will leave my 226 as-is though, unless I want to go down the rabbit hole of modding/accessorizing yet another gun. Focusing on getting spare parts for everything first, in case Sleepy Joe makes good on his campaign promise to outlaw ordering parts online.
I haven't carried it yet but I can wear it around the house but it is molle and it's not going to be a secure to body fit I'd imagine. I more bought it as a utility/nightstand holster. It is on the larger side so I'd probably only use if with double stack/duty guns. I did want something to slap on my kit if need be also.

I fully agree on the spare parts thing... better get those harder fund parts at a good price now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like these much more and I have smallish hands. I couldn't get comfortable with the E2s on the 226 but the E2s on my Elite 229 feel amazing. I'm not sure why? I'm debating on upgrading the 229 to Hogue but I'm not sure it's necessary. Maybe a difference in grip size or something?

·
What hell, pay attention
8,276 Posts
I picked up a P226 a couple of years back that came with similar grips. I do like them a lot, and compared to the factory grips Ive had on other P226's Ive owned, they do feel better in the hand.

I considered picking up a set for an old P228 I have, until I saw the price, and said screw that. Nice grips, but Im not paying $110 for them. I just stippled a spare set of factory grips I had for it, and its better now and a lot less "slippy".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up a P226 a couple of years back that came with similar grips. I do like them a lot, and compared to the factory grips Ive had on other P226's Ive owned, they do feel better in the hand.

I considered picking up a set for an old P228 I have, until I saw the price, and said screw that. Nice grips, but Im not paying $110 for them. I just stippled a spare set of factory grips I had for it, and its better now and a lot less "slippy".

That's a sweet little 228 and the stipple looks fantastic! The hogue can get pricey but they seem to be top quality. I did humor getting some of the side only hogue rubber grips to try as they are relatively cheap.

·
What hell, pay attention
8,276 Posts
Hogue's grips are nice, and I really like the G10's. Just not liking the price they go for. :)

Ive always found their revolver Mono and Bantam grips, both the rubber and nylon to be about the most comfortable "shooting" grips going. But boy, they are ugly. :)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I have an older P228 (actually my first purchased handgun after I graduated college and with my first paycheck as a 2LT) that I put E2 grips on and love them.

Before:

After:

I have zero issues with my P226, but looking forward to putting those Hogue grips on it for an upgrade. I actually prefer the thinner G10 grips and I have the thinnest grips on my Beretta 92F (Wilson Combat), and some of the most comfortable, thin G10 grips on my BHP from Mil-Tac:

ROCK6

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's one beautiful BHP there Sir 😍. I've never actually shot a real BHP but I've always thought it's one of the best looking pistols ever made. Maybe one day the right deal will cross my path and I can aquire one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts