Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a good number of employees what I talked about yesturday is coming true for them today. The Ky state government is cutting jobs today because of a 1/2 billion dollar short fall. This means at least 200 maybe even as many as a 1000 home owners will loose there homes within the next 3 months. Once again I ask when the the **** hit the fan for you as a person? Are you prepared to leave all you know tomorrow?

·
Cover your Six!!
450 Posts
For a good number of employees what I talked about yesturday is coming true for them today. The Ky state government is cutting jobs today because of a 1/2 billion dollar short fall. This means at least 200 maybe even as many as a 1000 home owners will loose there homes within the next 3 months. Once again I ask when the the **** hit the fan for you as a person? Are you prepared to leave all you know tomorrow?
I do not think that loosing your job is not a SHTF scenario. Hopefully those who are about to loose their job have all their preps in order, and actively looking for a job or applying for unemployment. Even if you could not make your mortgage paymnets, It will take at least one year for them to begin to foreclose and evict you from your home. In order for me to Bug-out of my home, it has to be a Cat 3-5 Hurricane coming, biological warefare, civil unrest, Terrorist Attack, Martial Law (Door to door policing),....... other than that, I plan to Bug-In! But if things get absolutely dire, and if I have to Bug-out!.... there will be a pile of ashes where my house used to be.

Loosing your Job is a very grim situation, but it is not the end of the world IMHO.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would think losing a job if you had no prospects to turn to would be a pretty big blow. As a RN I am pretty much secure in my job so it isn't a worry to me. In a better job market losing your job wouldn't be the worse thing that happened to you. In today's job market it is a bit different.

The final question is a good one though. We hear all the bug in and bug out senerios but the question of what would happen if all you know is gone tomorrow what would you do is a good one? If suddenly the SS checks stopped coming or the job you have is gone and there are no others to find, what do you have to offer the world to gain employment? How would you start your own business in a world where no one has any money to spend on your goods or services?

Ky may be the beginning of the experiment to see just where this society has led its followers to.

Thanks for the post.

blt

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for most state employees in the state of Kentucky loosing their jobs will mean no futures jobs since the work place in that state has cut 30000 jobs in the last year. As for foreclosures in Ky it's miss three payments and your out within 30 days of the fourth one being missed. Don't ask me how I know about foreclosure but it is a reason why I joined a survival club. If I lost my current job I would go to the club until things settled down. As for money in the melt down that could, it would be bartering. Your time and services or produced goods from someone elses.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
"Are you prepared to leave all you know tomorrow?" Why so extreme?

Few people have job security these days. A job loss is far from a SHTF scenario.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It's a sad fact but true... our economy's / govt's are way to top heavy with "pen pushers".

Too many white collar workers for the amount of hands on workers & producers. Finding work or generating your own is a lot easier in hard times for someone with practical experience, than for an office worker who doesn't have a clue how to get their hands dirty or how to complete even the simplest technical tasks.

Don't worry, that out of work white collar type will be the perfect people to recruit into new govt scheme's that involve them wearing nice brown shirts with those funny little zig zag emblems... The end is nigh!!!

·
This site Sucks
831 Posts
I grew up in the Natti and moved to KY 7yrs ago. It was like moving from indian hill to winton terrace. The demographics are so different here, 90% of the people in the county I live in are artist's (they draw a check!) or thieves. The remaining 10% of us have to pack a gun just to keep what we work for. There will be a big problem for people if any more jobs are lost. Our govt wants to bail everyone out with tax money while reducing jobs resulting in less taxpayers to foot the bill.

·
Registered
850 Posts
True.

I read somewhere that over 80% of gubmint jobs are non-essential.

These jobs can be done by the private sector more efficently and at a lower cost.

Congrats to KY for "trimming the fat".

It's a sad fact but true... our economy's / govt's are way to top heavy with "pen pushers".

Too many white collar workers for the amount of hands on workers & producers. Finding work or generating your own is a lot easier in hard times for someone with practical experience, than for an office worker who doesn't have a clue how to get their hands dirty or how to complete even the simplest technical tasks.

Don't worry, that out of work white collar type will be the perfect people to recruit into new govt scheme's that involve them wearing nice brown shirts with those funny little zig zag emblems... The end is nigh!!!

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
I think security is a state of mind sometimes. I had it all once, then I got cancer. About that time my wife turned into a lunatic. In all it cost me everything I'd worked all of my life for. I lost harleys, street rods, my house, my business and everything. After the sorrow of it and I recovered I took stock of what was important in life. What I thought was secure in my life had been an illusion.
Eleven years and six cancer operations later I believe I have a better grip on things. I finally have a good wife, the first one left with the stuff, my mind and spirit are well and I am happy. I can throw just about everything I own in the backof my Toyota truck. I have forgotten about materialism and enjoy the basics of life. Loosing all of my possessions doesn't frighten me anymore, been there and done that, and survived. As I see my government become corrupted and change I realize that every day is a gift. I have been laying in what my wife and I will need to survive and am thankful that God has given me the extra time to learn what was important in life and what isn't.
Hoping to survive a bit longer, learn from those on this forum, and see a few more sunsets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts