Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The World is in total economic collapse,violent riots, massive unrest, short food suppplies, threats of nuclear exchanges....In the United States, martial law has been declared nationwide, total breakdown of civil law, national guards troops refuse to federalize, regular army forces now are the police force, most all U.S. units operating in a foereign country have been brought home to augment the units already being used as a national police force.,...
Since the breakdown you and your neighbors have banded together(you all live on adjacent farms} to protect each other against persistent attacks from roving armed bands bent on thievery and murder...none in your group have been injured to date...you maintain contact with each other with walkie-talkies as phone service is completely down..
You receive a frantic phone call from your neighbors wife on the far east farm
of your group(one-half mile distant)that federal troops have come up and ordered that her husband surrender all weapons and munitions and foodstuffs to feed the local city populations who were seriously short of food...
You immediately call the other neighbors and you meet enmass a few hundred yards from where the federal troops are...you see a convoy consisting of two Bradley fighting vehicles armed with 30mm turret guns and mgs, also six large cargo trucks and smaller support vehicles and at least a platoon of infantry...your group consists of 12 armed men and 6 teenage boys, you as a group are well armed with FALS, M-14s, and AR-15s.
You can see soldiers taking weapons and foodstuffs from his home and other building, he is bound and on his knees, the rest of the family they have huddled together guarded by two soldiers...you know your farm and the other farms are next....WHAT DO YOU DO? Try to ambush the soldiers and free your friend or surrender........

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
A proven tactic in this scenario has always been a hit and run gorilla hit. Initiate with a coordinated sniper hit of the leadership and drivers if possible and then flee. Have routes, rp's and contingency plans in place. IEDs are nice to use as well if time permits.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd order everyone to return to their farms and hide as much of the supplies as possible including weapons and ammo. Fighting a vastly superior force as this is suicide. As to the farmer being robbed, he and his family will be taken care of by the rest of us. I would have hoped that the majority of the supplies had already been hidden well before the arrival of the feds.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That is a very creative but possible scenario. If a collective decision was made, I/we would try through peaceful negotiations to tell the troops, that if they really have to take the food they can but under no circumstances would they be allowed to take any weapons or ammunition, tell them that if they insist on taking the weapons and ammo, the blood of Americans will spill today, if this is going to happen the spilt blood would be there fault.

I would also tell the soldiers as spokesperson that if in the future they turn up to get more food from any one of the group they will be met with resistance required.

·
15T :)
505 Posts
The World is in total economic collapse,violent riots, massive unrest, short food suppplies, threats of nuclear exchanges....In the United States, martial law has been declared nationwide, total breakdown of civil law, national guards troops refuse to federalize, regular army forces now are the police force, most all U.S. units operating in a foereign country have been brought home to augment the units already being used as a national police force.,...
Since the breakdown you and your neighbors have banded together(you all live on adjacent farms} to protect each other against persistent attacks from roving armed bands bent on thievery and murder...none in your group have been injured to date...you maintain contact with each other with walkie-talkies as phone service is completely down..
of your group(one-half mile distant)that federal troops have come up and ordered that her husband surrender all weapons and munitions and foodstuffs to feed the local city populations who were seriously short of food...
You immediately call the other neighbors and you meet enmass a few hundred yards from where the federal troops are...you see a convoy consisting of two Bradley fighting vehicles armed with 30mm turret guns and mgs, also six large cargo trucks and smaller support vehicles and at least a platoon of infantry...your group consists of 12 armed men and 6 teenage boys, you as a group are well armed with FALS, M-14s, and AR-15s.
You can see soldiers taking weapons and foodstuffs from his home and other building, he is bound and on his knees, the rest of the family they have huddled together guarded by two soldiers...you know your farm and the other farms are next....WHAT DO YOU DO? Try to ambush the soldiers and free your friend or surrender........
so where would I fit into this situation? honestly

·
Registered
528 Posts
I take it PFC means Private First Class, if that is true, you are a soldier, can I ask you, how would you feel as a soldier in that situation, it's a tough call for you.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
I'd order everyone to return to their farms and hide as much of the supplies as possible including weapons and ammo. Fighting a vastly superior force as this is suicide. As to the farmer being robbed, he and his family will be taken care of by the rest of us. I would have hoped that the majority of the supplies had already been hidden well before the arrival of the feds.
I agree, I'm 65+ and I'm not going head to head with a bunch of young "troops". I believe in a "hide & bury"approach with most of my weapons & ammo. I've tried our vacuum sealer on my pistols and ammo, it works and waterproof too.

·
505 Posts
I take it PFC means Private First Class, if that is true, you are a soldier, can I ask you, how would you feel as a soldier in that situation, it's a tough call for you.
well if it says the guard refuses to federalize then i guess that means im on your side? im in the army guard

if i ever had to fight our own people i would defect,and probably take as much as i can with me that could help

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
Well, most likly they will search the buildings. You can run the guns and preps out the back door into the field. If you grow corn, and it is the right time of year you can hide most of it by spreading it out in the filed before they get there.

Once they do, you have to comply. engaging a vastly superior force would be suicide, especially if they have more units.

If you do manage to kill them, they will know where to go, and who's far to blow up in retaliation.

under the circumstances, you have to assume they are a rogue force, and not restricted to normal rules, AND you have to consider that even if they are not, the rule they operate by are blatantly unAmerican anyway.

If you feel this is a possible threat, you should cache most of your preps out on the back 40 somewhere, long before hand.

·
Firefighter-HazMat Tech
469 Posts
The World is in total economic collapse,violent riots, massive unrest, short food suppplies, threats of nuclear exchanges....In the United States, martial law has been declared nationwide, total breakdown of civil law, national guards troops refuse to federalize, regular army forces now are the police force, most all U.S. units operating in a foereign country have been brought home to augment the units already being used as a national police force.,...The whole U.S. Military could not control that much territory...just too big of an area.

of your group(one-half mile distant)that federal troops have come up and ordered that her husband surrender all weapons and munitions and foodstuffs to feed the local city populations who were seriously short of food...Good plan, though I would hope that they would have enough weapons, and suppllies cached, to were they could say ok, and hand over the little bit that IS at the house and avoid a confrontation.

You can see soldiers taking weapons and foodstuffs from his home and other building, he is bound and on his knees, the rest of the family they have huddled together guarded by two soldiers...you know your farm and the other farms are next....WHAT DO YOU DO? Try to ambush the soldiers and free your friend or surrender........Break contact and live to fight another day. Your combined forces is not going to be able to take on that much firepower. PERIOD. Minus Anti-tank equipment, you would be sitting ducks against those Bradleys. So break contact and wait for softer targets. Care for the family and if ya'll don't have stuff cached...GET IT DONE!
My replies are in bold.

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
My .02

If you were to decide to ambush using deliberate fire on specific targets for max effect the best target is the comm gear, followed by specialized people(drivers then crew served weapons), not the leadership. Hitting the leadership will have a minimal effect since there will be someone designated to assume command.

So target priorities would be:
1) Comm gear,
2) Sniper/Designated Marksman. Note: I make this number 2 although it would be preferable to perform #1 and #2 at the same time,
3) Drivers of armor, the hummer drivers are of little importance,
4) Crew served weapons: mortars, dragon things like this a machine gun is easy to operate by anyone that picks is up. Although, if you were to get that far the machine gun crew is important after the other crew served weapons.

·
small "l" libertarian
1,379 Posts
You and your neighbors should have a bug out plan in case a vastly superior force like this comes along. The plan to mutually support each other can only be useful against small bands of looting marauders- it would be completely useless against a military force like the one described.

Part of the bug out plan should include already in place traps (preferably explosives) to make their efforts to steal what you and your friends have both fruitless and costly.

When the federal government moves in to your area, it's time to move elsewhere.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You and your neighbors should have a bug out plan in case a vastly superior force like this comes along. The plan to mutually support each other can only be useful against small bands of looting marauders- it would be completely useless against a military force like the one described.

Part of the bug out plan should include already in place traps (preferably explosives) to make their efforts to steal what you and your friends have both fruitless and costly.

When the federal government moves in to your area, it's time to move elsewhere.
a good couple of oil/gasoline mix Molotov's would pretty much make those bradleys blind, if not permanently disable them. and dont use a burning rag, tape a sparkler on the side and light that.

also i would go for gut shots on a few of the men so the other soldiers try to recover their comrades, making them sniper food. although armor might be an issue, i would have to go for the throat in that case. also if i can get a smoke bomb into the bradley i could smoke them out, and thus pick them off, and end up with a few nice patrol vehicles.

·
505 Posts
a good couple of oil/gasoline mix Molotov's would pretty much make those bradleys blind, if not permanently disable them. and dont use a burning rag, tape a sparkler on the side and light that.

also i would go for gut shots on a few of the men so the other soldiers try to recover their comrades, making them sniper food. although armor might be an issue, i would have to go for the throat in that case. also if i can get a smoke bomb into the bradley i could smoke them out, and thus pick them off, and end up with a few nice patrol vehicles.
molotovs=pretty damn good idea....engaging=not so good idea

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
I think most would if this is what they are being mobilized for.

As for scenario; our neighborhood gate is at the end of an 8 mile dirt road. I'd suggest that we double back, and ambush the soldiers on the way out, acting like the roving bandits... Then we wouldn't have as much of a chance of retaliation against the neighborhood.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
well if it says the guard refuses to federalize then i guess that means im on your side? im in the army guard

if i ever had to fight our own people i would defect,and probably take as much as i can with me that could help
PFC Willson, you would find yourself in with a majority of active army as well. Take your M16, TA-50 and everything else and head to the house.

Any "soldiers" dragging innocent people out of their homes and stealing their weapons, ammo and food will be rouges, not soldiers. Engaging them will be completely lawful, albeit borderline suicidal if they are an entire platoon armed with crew served weapons. This is a HIGHLY UNLIKELY SCENARIO, as I've said ad nauseum, and such rouges would probably be neutralized by real soldiers before things got that bad.

If it's a situation where these guys are really hungry, and are no longer getting logistical support, it would be wiser to feed them of course, as long as they were honorable, and not raiders.

·
505 Posts
****ing bunk display from basic? that ta-50?

anyways,im pretty sure there will be people who will agree with me and join me anyhow.

thats if most of the military hasnt already refused to fight their own people by then which is the most likely scenario.

remember the bolshevik revolution? most of the soldiers joined the people in their uprising

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.