Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see what everyone is packing on a 'patrol' type mission. Envision that there is some kind of SHTF/World Chaos/Rosie O'Donnell streaking naked/Obama re-elected scenario. What are you going to take with you on a patrol around your AO or scavenging for supplies. This is a lightweight expedition so I put a guideline on it. This isn't a BOB list. WAY more streamlined. Lets say the plan is to go a distance of 5 miles and then back the same distance. I am mainly just interested to see who is going lighweight and fast and who is taking their whole AO with them. For me it would look like this.

Long gun: Custom Ak47, Red dot, Flashlight

Sidearm: HK USP45

Ammuntion: x6 30rd AK magazines(4 on rig, 1 in gun, 1 in pack), x4 USP45 magazines(2 on rig, 1 in gun, 1 in pack).

Water: 1 Liter, Camelbak

Pack: Small 3-day assault pack.

Rig: US Palm AKAR Type II

Misc Items(5 allowed): Compact Binoculars, snacks(CLIF Bars, trail mix), Multi-tool, survival kit, IFAK.

·
OTP Rebel
997 Posts
30 carbine with 6-15 round mags
G19 with 3-15 round mags
Large David Bowie knife
Smaller hunting knife
Powerade
Snack bars
Sunglasses, even in the dark
flashlight
compass
map
cell phone
2 way radio
monocular
Toilet Paper
Why this? It's my hunting kit , except for the carbine

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
I want to see what everyone is packing on a 'patrol' type mission. Envision that there is some kind of SHTF/World Chaos/Rosie O'Donnell streaking naked/Obama re-elected scenario. What are you going to take with you on a patrol around your AO or scavenging for supplies. This is a lightweight expedition so I put a guideline on it. This isn't a BOB list. WAY more streamlined. Lets say the plan is to go a distance of 5 miles and then back the same distance. I am mainly just interested to see who is going lighweight and fast and who is taking their whole AO with them. For me it would look like this.

Ammuntion: x6 30rd AK magazines(4 on rig, 1 in gun, 1 in pack), x4 USP45 magazines(2 on rig, 1 in gun, 1 in pack).

Misc Items(5 allowed): Compact Binoculars, snacks(CLIF Bars, trail mix), Multi-tool, survival kit, IFAK.
Might wanna include some note taking capability. May sound trivial, but weight is nothing and could be quite useful

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

nice to see someone with good tastes in firearms.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Primary: Arsenal SGL21 + Red Dot

Secondary: H&K USP40 in a thigh rig

5.11 Tactical MOLLE vest
- Four spare 30rd AK mags
- Two Spare 13rd pistol mags
- Medical Kit
- Radio + batteries
- Flashlight + batteries
- Binoculars
- Multitool
- SOG Sealpup
- Compass + map
- Extra pair socks

3-liter Camelbak

Dump Pouch

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
Mauser scout with 4 spare stripper clips of ammo.
Colt OP and two speed loaders, plus the 2+2+2 carrier.
Water would be in a thermos (coffee in it) and a quart canteen at the belt. Filter with.
My 3-day bugout bag.
Knife (differs depending on season), first aid kit, binocs, notecorder, and one other item not to be discussed, due to the fact that it would draw the ire of the moderators.

·
MOLON LABE!
5,908 Posts
Yamaha DT175

S&W 9mm w/ 2 15r mags

spare box of 9mmP

Mossy 500 w/ 2 25 round boxes of shells

Zip lock packed with deer jerky

Multi-function headlamp with red filter, incandescent and LED capabilities

1-pint plastic jar of cold flour

4- 1 liter bottles of water

Paper & pen

Gerber multitool

small binocs

roll of surveyor string

All packed in my snowboarder style OD green backpack

The Mossy fits in the rack on the handlebars of the DT 175, the S&W on my belt. The DT has a rear rack that I strap a milk crate on to carry extra gear. Along with the holster for the S&W, the binocs, Gerber, spare mags and all 50 rounds of 9mmP go on the belt for easy access.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

I would be taking

1.feg sa85m (hungarain ak) 2 75rd drums 9 30 rd mags
2.m37 ithaca 12 ga shotgun 25rd 00 buck
3.late 90's chestrig fits 9 ak mags plus us issue pistol belt 2 more soviet pouches
4.camleback 100 ounces
5.bars trail mix ect.
6.gerber mark2 knife

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
When I leave the house to work around the location I'll be doing so with a sidearm (CZ-40 or S&W M&P) and either a carbine/scout rifle or Mossberg 590 shotgun on my shoulder with 2 ex mags/20 rds. for each, my folders and multi-tool in my pocket.

When I leave the location for info or supply, I'll be taking an MBR/AR (3 mags), my sidearm (3 mags), couple of folders, 2 liter camel-back and a small GHB with a day's worth of emergency food, first aid kit, very minor tools and slimmed down gear setup.

I'll be astounded if there is any reason to be "patrolling" like it's a war zone although I will be cautious.

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah and anyone that wants to throw up some cool pics feel free.....we never get any good pic threads on here! My AK is at the gunsmith getting the finishing touches or I would throw one up.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
I'll be astounded if there is any reason to be "patrolling".
This. We're prepared to stay inside for at least two weeks. If at that point we decide to leave, we will be taking everything, because we're not planning on coming back. I can see quite a ways in any direction from my roof. I might go outside to talk to neighbors, or jog down the street to the main road while being covered by someone on the roof.

The only scouting I'll be doing is the road ahead of my family.

And what I carry varies greatly by circumstance.

Az

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wouldn't change much from my typical out in the wood gear except for the addition of firearms and a required purpose...

3 day pack w/ rations, h20, first aid kit, multi tool, binoculars, tarp, lighters, kukri

Long gun: AK w/ 8x30rd clips
Side arm : Glock 17 2x17rd clips 2x33rd clips
Blade: SOG tanto

My pack has additional space for additional items but I'm keeping this simple stupid. Essentials with reliability and a fairly large cranium housing what some call a brain.

·
Browncoat
102 Posts
Long gun: AR15 5.56 w/ 3-9x40 scope, magpul flipups

Sidearm: Taurus PT101

Ammuntion: 3-30rd AR mags, 3-11rd PT101 mags

Water: 2 ltr reservoir in vest

Rig: Strikeforce Vest (Originally used it for paintball, but with modular design it ended up as a SHTF prep lol)

Misc Items: monocular, snacks(jerky, banana chips), 2-way radio, Muela knife, Flashlights (I have more in my vest, but it said only 5 allowed :( )

·
Super Moderator
12,251 Posts
Patrol gear limited list. I have most of this, with a couple of substitutions and equivalents until I can get a bit more income. (Would actually carry quite a bit more, but tried to keep it to the OP's limitations.)

Long gun: PTR-91 .308, folding stock, green laser, OKC-3S bayonet

Sidearm: Glock 21SF .45 ACP

Ammuntion: 1+8 20-round PTR magazines, 1+2 13-round Glock 21SF magazines

Water: 3-liter MSR hydration bag in pack, 2 40-oz SS Kleen Kanteens w/cups on LBE, 2 64-oz SS Kleen Kanteens on pack

Pack: Kifaru Marauder w/cargo platform and gun bearer, 2x Maxpedition 5”x12” bottle carrier

Rig: FMCO CSV-M10 vest (4 double PTR mag pouches, 2 large utility pouches, 2 small utility pouches) with TAG MOLLE belt w/Tactical Taylor MOLLE Glock 21SF holster, Specter Gear MOLLE G2 flashlight pouch, 2x 4”x10” Maxpedition bottle carrier, Soldier’s Optimized Butt Pack, HSGI MOLLE dump pouch, 2x Spec-Ops double sheath Glock 21SF mags & Multi-tool

Misc Items(5 allowed): Surefire G2 Flashlight, Leatherman Surge multi-tool, Cold Steel e-tool, Cold Steel Rifleman’s tomahawk, IFK

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
My GHB, M1A scout + 2 mags, Glock 34 + 2 mags, binoculars, small digital camera, large wire cutters, small pry bar, mountain bike and lots of walmart recycled bags.

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I leave the house to work around the location I'll be doing so with a sidearm (CZ-40 or S&W M&P) and either a carbine/scout rifle or Mossberg 590 shotgun on my shoulder with 2 ex mags/20 rds. for each, my folders and multi-tool in my pocket.

When I leave the location for info or supply, I'll be taking an MBR/AR (3 mags), my sidearm (3 mags), couple of folders, 2 liter camel-back and a small GHB with a day's worth of emergency food, first aid kit, very minor tools and slimmed down gear setup.

I'll be astounded if there is any reason to be "patrolling" like it's a war zone although I will be cautious.
If you live in a more urban area than yes patrolling would be somewhat counter-productive. However if you have a large area and large property I would think patrolling would be wise to see if anyone has moved onto your land or if there are signs of others being in your AO. Just bunkering down and not knowing whats going on around you is not wise.

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Primary: Arsenal SGL21 + Red Dot

Secondary: H&K USP40 in a thigh rig

5.11 Tactical MOLLE vest
- Four spare 30rd AK mags
- Two Spare 13rd pistol mags
- Medical Kit
- Radio + batteries
- Flashlight + batteries
- Binoculars
- Multitool
- SOG Sealpup
- Compass + map
- Extra pair socks

3-liter Camelbak

Dump Pouch
I like your weapon choices. Can't go wrong with an AK47 and USP!

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
during a SHTF situation
Keeping in mind I'm in Canada so I chose the Guns I have, to patrol my 88 acres property......

SKS with red dot scope and tapco furniture 3- 20 round mags, 5 loaded stripper clips
NZ 85b (copy of a CZ 85) 3- 10 round mags
Regular black back pack
Gerber fixed blade
camo tarp
2 -1 quart canteens and cup
esbit stove and fuel tabs
2 mountain house meals, a couple granola bars
mini binoculars

1 - 20 of 136 Posts