Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You hear that a catastrophic SHTF incident has occurred that will directly affect you. (Not a personal SHTF, but one that affects a great number of people.)

You know that your loved ones are safe, so you don't have to worry.

Now, what is the first prep you have that flashes you mind?

Chances are, that's what you have the most faith in.

Is it water, food, money, shelter, medical, guns, communications?

What is the very first thing you think of?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I call friends and family around our valley and make sure they are all ready for what ever may come.

Then I walk the property and look for any suspicious charactures and make contact with close neighbors and ask if they have what they need. And hopefully get the people on our 2 mile road to meet at one house and talk about what we can do as a group to help our road remain safe.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Will probably do what I did when there was a prison break out here about 15 years ago.
Check out all our out buildings are locked and secure. Keys from our cars and trucks are removed and in the house. Make sure the whole family is armed.
Then see if I can get through to my daughters in Oregon and tell them it's time to bug out to Cave Junction and look up Ramona.
Just joking, I wouldn't do that to you......

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
The prep I have the most faith in would probably not be the first to pop into my mind, the one that would for me would be the weakest....communications...Since I would have to rely on Cell to reach some, it may or may not be working.

·
In a pile of brass
3,775 Posts
1st-guns and all ammo that can be carried goes to van
2nd-me and close family gathers up friends and relative that can be reached
3rd-fortify the most isolated house
4th-wait untill the next day to set traps outside
5th- tell every one "ha see!?!? we werent crazy!"

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Fill up any empty water containers and water bob, lock up the house, turn on the radios and scanner and see whats going on out there.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Take ready to go preps to BOL, check and prepare all weapons, take inventory of supplies and dependants, listen to media reports(if applicable), and fortify further.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I told ya so

no seriously, just analyze and stick to the plan, stay alert and be adaptable to change to any and all situations, ideally...

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Why would you have any EMPTY water containers?
Much easier to store empty, the water bob is a container you can fill with water that lines the bathtub. Purdy hard to shower with that thing full :D:

If you are on the west side of the cascades, in WA, why would you even worry about water?\
Cuz if by chance I lose my city water supply (in the summer) I would be competing with a lot of other folks for limited resources.

The big body of water to the left on the map is the Puget sound,
its a little on the salty side for my taste, the coffee just don't taste the same.:rolleyes:

Are there chipmunks on the eastern side of the state?
None in my family tree :D:

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
first thing im gonna do --- honestly,
it will have ta be ta quit laughin at tha sheeple -
who laughed at me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts