Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's a... um, interesting stock weld she has going on there. :D

Seriously, it's good to see kids being taught how to shoot and handle guns. I've actually been wondering what age I should start my daughters at. I just found out there's a 200yd underground rifle range just down the road from me!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do it as soon as you fill like she is ready but its very good to start sooner then later or it maybe harder to show her how to be safe with a gun.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Saw a number of things in that first video that worry me to no end.
1. Weapon was loaded and charged off what constituted the range.
2. Girl carried the weapon with finger on the trigger (and while it was charged could have been a problem)
3. lack of muzzle control when instructed to bump fire. Girl was obviously not ready for that yet.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw a number of things in that first video that worry me to no end.
1. Weapon was loaded and charged off what constituted the range.
2. Girl carried the weapon with finger on the trigger (and while it was charged could have been a problem)
3. lack of muzzle control when instructed to bump fire. Girl was obviously not ready for that yet.
yes but they must start somewhere and it was in a safy place
she has to be show how to be safy and it is hard to get some people to do.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
my point was her dad (I'm assuming) did not bother to instruct her. teach good habits early

·
missed
11,240 Posts
That's a... um, interesting stock weld she has going on there. :D

Seriously, it's good to see kids being taught how to shoot and handle guns. I've actually been wondering what age I should start my daughters at. I just found out there's a 200yd underground rifle range just down the road from me!
My youngest is 5 and shoots now, granted she can't hold the gun up herself but she loves to shoot. I have pictures of her shooting my m-4 in a thread under this section and she also has her own single shot .22 LR. My b/f taught me everything I know about guns and I'm one who enjoys shooting rapid fire, I have a 9 mm carbine that kicks my shoulder and hurts like hell. The ar's have almost no recoil IMO and I love it. But that first video was a joke on safety if you ask me. Also with both my kids they both know gun safety inside and outside, teach em young that way you don't have to worry with any drama later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts