Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post some pictures of your emergency food, your shelves, how you store it or how you make it. I try to do a 50/50 mix if normal food and actual emergency food. If it can sit on a shelf for an extended period of time then it goes onto the shelf.

Attachments

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
My food preps are spread over 2 different rooms, and 2 different physical locations. Some of my stocks include:

Rice
beans
canned goods
mres
various meals like HDRs, and eversafe meals
freeze dried and dehydrated meals

·
Aviator Extraordinaire
78 Posts
here you go....
Brilliantly concealed. I'm impressed.

---

And here, since I live in a small apartment, and pay for school, is the only prep I have made.

IMG00109-20110331-1935.jpg

lolololol yes, that is a gallon of water under a bathroom sink, nestled among the toilet paper and mouthwash.

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,607 Posts
Brilliantly concealed. I'm impressed.

---

And here, since I live in a small apartment, and pay for school, is the only prep I have made.

View attachment 46900

lolololol yes, that is a gallon of water under a bathroom sink, nestled among the toilet paper and mouthwash.
ahh mate..I hope you are kidding....

if not, get yourself a Water Bob...100 gal of water storage...that's 30 days right there..

then get yourself some 30 day dehydrated food buckets from costco, 99.00 ea... another 30 days of food...

Please tell me/us that you have more stashed somewhere and aren't simply PSYOP'ing us...:eek::

·
Registered
608 Posts
no such thing as emergency food at my house. we have just plain ole eat-it-every-day food here. Lots of it, but nothing we save back just for emergencies. I just don't quite get the idea of storing food that you only eat if things get bad? Guess I've got a lot to learn about this survival schtuff.

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,607 Posts
no such thing as emergency food at my house. we have just plain ole eat-it-every-day food here. Lots of it, but nothing we save back just for emergencies. I just don't quite get the idea of storing food that you only eat if things get bad? Guess I've got a lot to learn about this survival schtuff.
Kidding right? Great PSYOP mate...Read this article and get back to me...

Attachments

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
Since I moved in December...I'm at a premium for storage space now. Much less than before...still have some preps in boxes...mostly dry goods. But this is what I currently have. I'm low on a few things, like water etc...because my son's family is living with us right now....or until tomorrow, anyway. Still have a LONG ways to go. I haven't done that much this year yet.(I've only started a few months ago....) A couple pics look different (cans). Some things were moved as I took some pics a week or so ago....trying to squeeze more room on the shelves...

Attachments

·
Seeker of Truth
216 Posts
Never prepared enough

Good Thread. Sorry no pics, but do have similar more of the same storage as these. Biggest problem other than space is temperature. Thinking of a root cellar, but not sure Texas "hell" heat :eek: will allow the temperature to stay under 70.
Suggestions????:)

I really like the idea of writing the date on the front. I do that on long term canned goods, but figured the expiration date on store items was good enough. I've seen the light.... thanks.:D:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am also in a hot area so I have to store all food in the house. I have other areas in closets were I have 5 gallon drums but they looked to messy to share the pics/ I have turned our spare room closet into total storage. I put the curtain over it so if someone comes over they don't see all of it. I really am bursting at the seams when it comes to cupboards, some pics are from my laundry room.

Attachments

·
optimistic pessimist
1,221 Posts
This is from 6 weeks ago before I reorganized a little more. I am waiting now to borrow a canner. Not a bad start but still have a little bit more to go. I have been canning like a madwoman the last 3 weeks. Once I get things reorganized, I take new pics but for now...this is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
This is from 6 weeks ago before I reorganized a little more. I am waiting now to borrow a canner. Not a bad start but still have a little bit more to go. I have been canning like a madwoman the last 3 weeks. Once I get things reorganized, I take new pics but for now...this is good.
I wanna Marry You :) Looks good

·
Independent Thinker
2,244 Posts
here you go....
I like yours it looks plain and uninteresting, and like it could be anything. Thats what I would want especially if you have family and friends over alot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
After living in Florida through several hurricanes, you learn that you need to prep. You go to the grocery store the day before a hurricane is suppose to hit and the shelves will be bare, literally. Lines to gas stations are VERY long (I'm talking 30+min in line) and they eventually run out of gas, literally not a drop left. ATMs are empty because everyone needs cash since power is out and can't use debit/credit cards. Longest I went was 17 days without power, while in the Orlando area. On top of that there's a good chance of a boil order. I hope your stove isn't electric at that point or else you're going to be hungry, thirsty and dirty!

/derail

Keep 'em coming! I'm liking these pictures. Definitely giving me some ideas!

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,607 Posts
I like yours it looks plain and uninteresting, and like it could be anything. Thats what I would want especially if you have family and friends over alot.
Thank you...I am limited on inside space, the wife has the inside pantry loaded up, that's the first 30 days plus fridge/freezer foodstuffs....

Everything in the gar is longer term canned goods, dry goods and the like... 30days + out to 180 days depending on ration portions, and if the kids show up....

each container and gray 5 gal bucket is numbered and indexed by a spreadsheet detailing the type, size, and serving portions by numbered box...looking for canned stew, go to box #X, etc...

The white buckets are coscto 275 meal serving drhydrated food...4 of them, looking to add two more...

Then i have 12 #10 dehydrated misc veggie/meats in the thrive boxes...

The rest of the stuff in the blue tubs is more camping/lights out kinda stuff...

I have really used all the available wall space in the garage, as best as possible, much to my wifes chagrin... :D:

if/when folks to get into the garage, all they is is "stuff." PSYOP, PSYOP, PSYOP...:cool:

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,607 Posts
I setup shelves in our crawlspace, the temp stays pretty consistent year round.
Great job on the crawl space....:thumb:

Had we not moved, I too, would have done that...

In addition, i was looking at water storage options, installing a diverter to the downspouts, covertly feeding the water line to the barrells, then back out again to drain when full and turn the space into a swamp...

·
Registered
21,678 Posts
I don't think anyone read CRC's post right.

Reactions: Gronk
1 - 20 of 26 Posts