Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole knife is 22 cm long, visible blade length 11 cm and the restis handle.
The pins are 8mm and the blade thickness is 5 mm along the spine from pommel all the way to the tip.

·
Modern Day Nessmuk
483 Posts
This is mine , the woodlore knife made by Alan Wood and designed by Ray Mears.
O1 carbon steel and birds eye maple handles.
The sheath is a neck sheath which holds a fire steel.
That must've cost a pretty penny. Want one for myself one of theese days, don't have the money right now though! XD

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't load a picture of my knives, since I am a new member. But I am impressed with the pictures that have been posted. I have learned over the years that quality can not be compromised, I have four knives right now that are part of different packs. Two are handmade, the other two are Gerber's. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good combination knife, for all around use? Thanks

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I could use a number of my knives but here's a couple of my favorites:

This one is on my bug out belt:

Reactions: the hog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a great bushcraft blade, I took these photos this weekend actually. Amazing blade, take a look!

I can't say how much I like this blade, 4 inch blade and it is tough as can be. Great company to deal with and the price is only $100! Not round handles, but very comfortable to hold in all hand positions that I have tried it in. They make a very nice "patch knife" too and I have that on my list for my next knife from this company. It runs less around $50, so I can actually afford it to boot! :) Here is a link with some more photos of the knife from the company's webpage.

http://blindhorseknives.com/BHK-Bushcrafter.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful, Zebra wood?
The one in my post is actually fiddle back maple, and a great specimen I think! :cool: I actually was able to get some matching wood for grip inserts into my Ruger SP-101 .357, I hope to get some matching stain and have a nice gun and knife set for woods walking. I have one set already, but they are more honey colored in the finish, though they are great looking they are not an exact match. If I get them matched up well I will post photos of those when done.

Some nice knives in this thread, bushcraft is my favorite type it appears and I am just starting my addiction, er I mean, collection. :D:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Very nice looking knife. I'll have to check into getting one for my collection.

Here is a great bushcraft blade, I took these photos this weekend actually. Amazing blade, take a look!

I can't say how much I like this blade, 4 inch blade and it is tough as can be. Great company to deal with and the price is only $100! Not round handles, but very comfortable to hold in all hand positions that I have tried it in. They make a very nice "patch knife" too and I have that on my list for my next knife from this company. It runs less around $50, so I can actually afford it to boot! :) Here is a link with some more photos of the knife from the company's webpage.

http://blindhorseknives.com/BHK-Bushcrafter.htm

1 - 20 of 33 Posts