Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeh, I'm calling you out.........but not really.

I agree, carry a MAN gun..........but

Have you ever thought about tossing a .22 pistol in your jacet pocket. Now maybe I'm just different but I'm a hands in both jacket pocet kind of guy. One wrapped around a .22LR will ruin the day of any ambusher you didn't see coming.

don't for a minute tell me that you can say for sure that your going to see anything that's ever gonna come your way. You walk around a corner...bam..they are on you, but you had that .22 in your hand long before you would even think about that .45 on your belt.

Ask any med/surgeon ....

Get a mouse gun as your first responder, drop it for your "fighting pistol" when the SHTF.

Rebuttle?

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I have a 25 for a pocket gun. and a box of hollowpoints I got years ago.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I made a bet with someone about the .25 acp and won... Tool a half inch of plywood and hung my old cycle jacket over it. At 25 ft winchester silvertips in .25 acp didnt even penetrate through the leather and lining of the jacket, and only dented the plywood. CCI stingers (.22lr) penetrated into the plywood and .22 mags punched through. The .25 is only good for belly shots if the target is wearing heavy clothing... It does however fulfill the requirement of a centerfire handgun for an officer of the law that is required to carry while off duty.
NAA makes a handgun called the guardian that has taken .25 caliber to a new level, it uses a .32acp case necked down to .25 cal, If you really want to carry for protection, PLEASE consider the .25acp a novelty, and go to something a bit stronger

·
high on truck stop coffee
21,912 Posts
Small guns

Yep,barrel length is a big factor..anything with a 4 inch barrel will get the bullet going fast enough(1000 fps)to penetrate well.It may lacking stopping power but still very deadly.I don't think anyone hit with 3 or 4 .22 lr will have the desire to continue the fight.
Interesting story of a friend of mine who is a retired cop...he claims in his 30 years of duty he seen so many people killed with the .22 it has become his carry gun.
He has several other guns(.38s,357s,etc)but carries a .22 auto everywhere.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
.22mag. derringer,

When I don't feel like strapping on the .357 I just pop it in my pocket, what a wonderful peace of mind it gives me. Love that little cobra. :thumb:

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made a bet with someone about the .25 acp and won... Tool a half inch of plywood and hung my old cycle jacket over it. At 25 ft winchester silvertips in .25 acp didnt even penetrate through the leather and lining of the jacket, and only dented the plywood. CCI stingers (.22lr) penetrated into the plywood and .22 mags punched through. The .25 is only good for belly shots if the target is wearing heavy clothing... It does however fulfill the requirement of a centerfire handgun for an officer of the law that is required to carry while off duty.
NAA makes a handgun called the guardian that has taken .25 caliber to a new level, it uses a .32acp case necked down to .25 cal, If you really want to carry for protection, PLEASE consider the .25acp a novelty, and go to something a bit stronger
I know what your saying....one if the many reasons that I lean towards the .22LR over the .25acp (suposedly the "bigger" round does more damage..... I don't know). NNA has done some wonderful work for the "Mouse Gun".

I feel the novelty thing too after further reflection....... Late night post

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If we're talking about civillian concealled carry and a second gun, make sure you know if your state allows carrying more than one gun. Many states don't.
Now suposedly this is a survival forum, never the less obey the law like said.

Come the time when (people wake up) law breaks throgh to God given rights again (revolutionary lawlessness and don't misconstew {If that's a word} that) carry what ever you want when you need..........I stress need.

Jesus siad he who has no sword.....and he didn't mean leave it at home in the context!

you need an AK-47 to go shopping take an AK-47
You need your normal carry....... take your normal carry(I know you don't trot down the street with an AK-47 so don't kidd your self).

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I know what your saying....one if the many reasons that I lean towards the .22LR over the .25acp (suposedly the "bigger" round does more damage..... I don't know). NNA has done some wonderful work for the "Mouse Gun".

I feel the novelty thing too after further reflection....... Late night post
The 22 CCI stinger has a velocity of 1640 FPS and the 25Cal is 1200 FPS the 25 is not known for having much of a killing power except for small game and rats. The 22 LR is a deadly bullet I have killed allot of game with a 22. I had to bring down a stear once and I shot him with a 22 he died real quick. If someone pulls a 22 on you your about as screwed as if the guy had a 9MM.

·
Registered
193 Posts
"You must demonstrate proficiency with a handgun of .32 caliber or above to qualify for a concealed handgun license." - TX Dept of Public Safety website

Maybe that's what the gun counter kid was trying to tell me. Who knows.

Carrying a .22 sure would come in handy while bike riding with angry dogs chasing.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
.22lr in a handgun is something I have been doing some research on. I feel it definitely has it's place. For one it is the most readily available ammo and the cheapest by far. Think about how many rounds $100 gets you!
Spend $200 bucks and you got 10,000 rounds.
In a TEOTWAWKI scenario it would be money well spent.
How many rounds of .45 or .357 can you get for $200.
With so little recoil it is a great begginers round and so easy to place where you want it.
I will still carry my 9mm. but as a backup or just as an addition to the arsenal. I don't think you could go wrong.
Also many handguns in this caliber are very pocket friendly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol well if you have guitar gig bag and look the part of a guitar player you can carry a long gun down the street with no problems... as i joke i took my guitar out of my case and put my m4 in the fully loaded and it fits pefectly... i was amused because it makes me think of the old gangster movies when they kepted tommy guns in violin cases lol
Now suposedly this is a survival forum, never the less obey the law like said.

Come the time when (people wake up) law breaks throgh to God given rights again (revolutionary lawlessness and don't misconstew {If that's a word} that) carry what ever you want when you need..........I stress need.

Jesus siad he who has no sword.....and he didn't mean leave it at home in the context!

you need an AK-47 to go shopping take an AK-47
You need your normal carry....... take your normal carry(I know you don't trot down the street with an AK-47 so don't kidd your self).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think my point was that a mouse in the hand beats a knife or man gun in the holster. Take it or leave it I just wanted to say it.

I love a knife and I always always carry one but any gun beats a knife any day no matter what it is(bar a pellet of paint ball gun).

·
Doomsayer
4,048 Posts
The .22 LR does produce superior ballistics to the .25 ACP, when you fire the .22 out of a pistol with a four inch barrel. From a 2-3 inch barrel like you'll find on most mouseguns, the .22 LR produces very ballistics similar to the .25 ACP.

The rimfire ignition is less reliable than a centerfire ignition system; the .25 ACP is a centerfire cartridge. On the issue of reliability, the .25 ACP wins easily.

You do NOT want to be shot with ANY gun.

.25 ACP included.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.