Survivalist Forum banner

Should political parties be abolished?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Should not be abolished.

Why? In order to abolish the existing system, you will need to remove from me the following Civil Liberties, all covered under the Bill of Rights:

Assembly
Association
Movement
Press
Religion
Speech
Information
Thought

Not specifically listed is my Second Amendment Right

Molon Labe.

Our system sucks. It is through ignorance, apathy and gullibility that it has become what it is today. We still have a voice in our political parties. But it is only through involvement and though personal contribution that we can influence the changes that we feel are needed.

One of the most influential changes any one of us can make is to develop the ability and willingness to effectively communicate what we seek. Politics is not a Gladiator sport. It is the physical transformation of our spiritual values. We need to be able to accurately offer a description of this, or risk living in a system that does not support our core values.

The abolishment of our political system would not create a void. It would bring about an immediate totalitarian rule, which I believe the current administration is seeking an opportunity for. I believe the solution is not abolishment, but an individual responsibility by each and every one of us to voice our values, put effort into knowing our candidates, and voting. As there has been no reasonable and acceptable alternative to our current system, why not focus on restoration of what we have? An hour less on the horoscope sites and an hour hammering emails to your Representatives will be more productive, force us to develop skills in communication, and gain some better insights into our situation.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I voted no, for the simple fact, nothing gets done without group cohesion. A single man can act alone and start a flame, but it takes a group to fan the flames into a bonfire.

Reactions: vatrader01

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
I think we should abolish most government officials and allow the american people to vote on bills, legislation, budgets , laws etc. For what it would cost to set up polling halls in major cities we could save ourselves a fortune over what we pay politicians and be more incontol of what is good for this country and not just leave the desicion making to a bunch of no good, lieing, cheating politicians that only care about those that can contribute money to their campaign funds.

·
Banned
9,119 Posts
the vote of 9 to six kinda surprises me.
i would have thought that with the last two doses of 'party politics' would have turned anyone against both.
the republicans brought you bush and cheney. the democrats have brought you obama and biden.
i'd say they are both as crooked as the proverbial dog's hind leg.
dump all the bums and get a consentual management board that actually acts on the wishes of the people.
all government is doomed to the same eventual fate: corruption and despotism.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I don't believe that they should be abolished but I believe all of them should be held to a higher standard and I believe that we should have at least three choices. Each Party should use the Constitution as its guiding light.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I voted no because while it sounds good in theory, it could just never happen. You would still have groups of politicians making deals with each other and the constituents would still get screwed. It's a good idea, but impossible in real life.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Should not be abolished.

Why? In order to abolish the existing system, you will need to remove from me the following Civil Liberties, all covered under the Bill of Rights:

Assembly
Association
Movement
Press
Religion
Speech
Information
Thought

Not specifically listed is my Second Amendment Right

Molon Labe.

the bill of rights doesn't give us any rights. the bills of right acknowlegdes the right we, as humans, are born with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts