Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Suck it up and buy what you want over the course of the next several months. Paying more for something that you can't buy later is better than not having it at all. The AWB is nothing more than a forgone conclusion at this point. It's WHEN they re-enact it, not IF.

·
RIP America 1776-2012
1,953 Posts
Just a heads-up.

Just because a wholesaler/distributor is advertising having something at a cheap price, doesn't mean they actually have those items in stock. I've been trying to replenish and add certain types of firearms to the inventory at the store, and have been put on backorder and have also been informed that "all prices are subject to change."

I'm not saying that some dealers aren't price gouging, and I'm sure there are some who are, but if it costs the retail dealer more then it will also cost the comsumer more. With that said, I've seen an increase in cost across the entire product line from every one of the wholesalers and manufacturers who I deal with.

Folks, if you don't have what you need you'd better get it now because the increases in pricing and unavailability of certain types of firearms is just going to get worse...........

·
What would Mal do
5,239 Posts
agreed...they won't get the entire ridiculous gun ban, taxes at the levels they are stating, etc...but after everyone cries in fear and desperation over the proposal, then it'll be possible to scale back to more of a Clinton era ban...mag capacity limits, online sales, purchases outside of FFL, and definitions around "assault weapon" that might not pull the existing back in, but will sure stop new sales....it won't be about how much more it costs, it will simply be... can't buy it, period.

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Not that long ago as others (and still doesn't seem to be that long ago to me), around 2005 or 2006, a LGS and indoor range had crates of yugo SKS's with their cleaning kits, slings, etc. For $139.

They also had crates of CAI AK47's with wood stocks for $279 and CAI AK47 underfolders for $349.

Although I did not buy any at the time.

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
Not that long ago as others (and still doesn't seem to be that long ago to me), around 2005 or 2006, a LGS and indoor range had crates of yugo SKS's with their cleaning kits, slings, etc. For $139.

They also had crates of CAI AK47's with wood stocks for $279 and CAI AK47 underfolders for $349.

But let's not get into what ammo cost around that same time frame.....

·
Dirty Mind
3,340 Posts
Suck it up and buy what you want over the course of the next several months. Paying more for something that you can't buy later is better than not having it at all. The AWB is nothing more than a forgone conclusion at this point. It's WHEN they re-enact it, not IF.
13 years ago and many big shooting events = no ban.

Are we once again getting ourselves worked up for nothing?

Obviously with record gun sales the media has failed at changing people's minds about guns.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Prices are not going down. Too much free money floating around looking for a home. Also, since being "prepared" is all the rage, the days of the Cabelas $189.00 CAD Ruskie SKS are over. Even worse, use to get 1550 rds of ammo for it for $300 bucks now it's $450 in places (if you can find it). Take your lumps now and make the purchase.

Godspeed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.