Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not actively looking for any,but if I run across any for a "deal",I'll get them for the heck of it.
I'm aware of all the downsides,but still,I've wasted my money on other things before.

Have a single,SXS,O/U..they all have the extracters,pop the empty hulls out a distance.

So,will it send the adapter flying,or even work with it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm not actively looking for any,but if I run across any for a "deal",I'll get them for the heck of it.

I'm aware of all the downsides,but still,I've wasted my money on other things before.

Have a single,SXS,O/U..they all have the extracters,pop the empty hulls out a distance.

Most adaptors have a rubber o ring that prevents ejection. I like the fact my O/U doesn’t have ejectors so I don’t have to go looking in the brush or snow for shells. I pull them out and drop them in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
reluctant sinner
17,450 Posts
They work. Some work better than others. If you are firing bullets in a shotgun barrel, rifled adapters shoot better. Steel ones last longer than aluminium ones.

Index the adapter when chambering. Most of the time you can get closer to point of aim by picking the index point after shooting a few rounds.

Some guns have strong ejectors (put your hand in the way) weak ones might not throw them and yes extractors do only than.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Most shotguns with ejectors can be turned into extractors only. My Savage took about 15 minutes to change.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I have 12g to 20g, 12g to .410, 12g to.357 Mag adaptors for my SS and SxS, I've had no problems with the ejectors kicking out the adaptors far. I use the same method that charliemeyer007 describes, mine came from Ebay (not the hi-tech O-ring types) at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
499 Posts
They make two types. Rubber o ring and others that have a rim. Also the can be pretty heavy depending on which caliber/gauge you intend to shoot. My 12 to 22lr is pretty heavy. doubt an ejector would send it far if anywhere. There are also rifled barrel inserts that are at most 6" and wont eject.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts

I used a few 12ga to 22lr adapters years ago that were custom built. The plan revolved around utilizing the shotgun as an " all purpose" tool , and the best way to dump heavy in weight 12ga " small game " loads was to replace the bulk of them with 22lr.

Mine were similar to the current types similar to this one in link below..... ..

https://www.gunadapters.com/12-gauge-to-22lr-rifled-zombie-series/

Mine did not eject and had to be pulled out after they fired. ( Your particular shotgun may or may not launch the adapter into the snow or mud. One way to find out.)

Accuracy was not acceptable, and dropped it altogether in the end, but a good learning curve non the less.

Suggestion: Start out with a 22lr adapter. If it doesn't work out for you, it will be easier to sell off.

11B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts