Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a shop that has 2 in .308 and now I'm trading in 2 of my other deer rifles to get one!!!!

MANNLICHER ULTRA LIGHT

Oh my god, it was almost better than sex!!!!!

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.308, it had the sweetest smoothest action and trigger of anything....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
a friend here has a Greek surplus 6.5 x 54 model 1909 mannlicher schoenauer that someone converted with impressive skill into a copy of the sporting carbine of that era.

The bolt drops open and falls shut if you upend the rifle. Its so light and handy a Winchester 94 takes on a clublike feel in comparison. Push a button and the rotary mag empties itself. Working the bolt from the shoulder is amazingly slick and fast and firing, even in that featherweight rifle there is virtually no recoil. Flat shooting accurate and powerful. Wow.. What a rifle. The dogswine wouldnt take the $187.95 I originally offered for it nor any other amount.

http://www.cybertorpedo.com/africanhunter/classcart/65x54_mannlicher-schoenauer_01.htm

I am now trying to save up enough money to buy one of these rifles. its sgonna take a while!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Kahn have you looked at the Ruger M77 MkII ? I got one for the wife In 308 I was a little worried with the light weight and short bbl. it might be a bit rough to shoot......Man was I suprised It shoots great and accurate. the best part is it cost a little over 500.00.

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Kahn, did you see the price on that thing? It better be as good as sex for that price!
Yea, I've seen it, so what? I just turned in a Winchester .308 and a Custom Remington 700 .308 on trade, price be damned, its just that good of a gun, it SMOKES any Remington, Winchester or Browning out there.... And I'm putting a Shepard "one shot zero" 6-18x by 40mm scope and a Harris bipod on it.

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
that gun looks GAY just like you kahn!

Yea a "gay" rifle from one from the top firearms manufactures in the world....Whatever...

Found the pic your parents had taken of you on Santa's lap at the mall Friday........

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kahn, have you looked at the Ruger Frontier scout rifles? They are available in the same calibers and are about the same size and weight but at 1/3 the price. Just a suggestion.

I've had a Steyr commercial deer rifle in the past, had to sell it when I was in college, wish I never did. There just isn't ANYTHING out there that compares to them.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
You don't need no fancy shmancy rifle to get the job done

1 - 20 of 21 Posts